Nick Nicolette on the Lawsuit, the Irrelevance of Legal Definitions, and Elder Care as the New Must-Know Topic
- A Career Path Traveled the Hard Way. Maurer, Tim // Journal of Financial Planning;May/Jun2011 Practice Management Sol, p12
The article talks about the career of the author that can offer information for young financial planners in the U.S. to consider when faced with issues such as discouragements and failures. The author reflects on Dale Carnegie's statement wherein Carnegie identified discouragement and failure as...
- In This Issue... // California Management Review;Fall1962, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p2
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Robert B. Buchele concerning proper evaluation of firms and an article by James Kuhn concerning four U.S. Supreme Court decisions in the 1960s restricting managerial rights.
- 10 Questions with… Dan Moisand on Regulation, 'the Rule,' and Doing the Right Thing. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p10
This article presents an interview with Daniel Moisand, board member of the Financial Planning Association. Moisand has greatly contributed to the organization. He held several positions in the association before he became one of its board members. When asked about the advocacy agenda of the...
- Mark Johannessen On His Calling -- and Yours. Lee, Shelley A. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan2008, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p16
An interview Mark E. Johannessen, president of the Financial Planning Association (FPA), is presented. When asked about the FPA's 2008 agenda he states that it is advocacy for the financial planning profession and consumers. He indicates that the purpose of the initiative entitled Co-creating...
- New faces win seats on FPA board. Fielding, Zoe // Money Management;10/13/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p6
Reports on the elected members of the board of directors of Financial Planning Association in Australia. List of the winners; Designation of a seat for the board members ; Call to stop destroying the reputation of financial planners.
- FPA Names Gjertsen as President-Elect. Paikert, Charles // Financial Planning;Oct2013, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p24
The article announces the designation of Edward Gjertsen II as president-elect of the Financial Planning Association's (FPA) board of directors.
- ASIC urges FPA to get tougher. Taylor, Mike // Money Management;11/30/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 45, p12
The article reports that the chairman of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission Jeffrey Lucy has urged the Financial Planning Association to firmly imposed disciplinary procedures to members who failed to live up to expectations. One mechanism would be the expulsion of its members....
- ICFP BRIEFS. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1999, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p12
Presents news briefs related to the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) and to the financial planning profession as of August 1999. Information on the 1999 Certified Financial Planners Annual Conference held in Dallas, Texas; Award received by Charles G. Hughes, Jr., president of...
- Succession on His Mind. Wenger, Scott // Financial Planning;Jul2013, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p16
An interview with Michael Branham, Financial Planning Association (FPA) president, is presented. Asked how one finds the right strategy for growth, Branham says this is done through effective practice management where professionals determine how to properly grow the practice and structure staff...