The Cable Guy
- First, you dream. Edmark, Tomima // Entrepreneur;Jan1997, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p104
Discusses how to turn bright ideas into lucrative products. Turning inventions into marketable products; How to start a business; Market research; Criteria for determining the viability of a new product.
- STRETCHING YOUR OWN SHOESTRING BUDGET. SARAO, MARY RUSSELL; PITTS, BARBARA RUSSEL // Inventors' Digest;Jul2009, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p40
The article focuses on developing and marketing a new invention under a shoestring budget. It suggests that an inventor must be willing to invest something in his idea if he really believes in it. A shoestring budget inventor is also advised to use a less-than-perfect looking prototype without...
- The story of 'IT' shows that hype can hurt more than help. Rothenberg, Randall // Advertising Age;1/22/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p23
Reports on the perceived excessive hype surrounding an unnamed invention of Dean Kamen, developer of the insulin pump, as of January, 2001. Mention of a book deal offered by Harvard Business School Press; Opinion that the publicity surrounding the invention was a wasted effort that generated a...
- ART OF THE PITCH. Croix, Michael // Inventors' Digest;Jun/Jul2007, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p34
The article offers tips for inventors on marketing new products. Inventors are advised to make sure their summaries are organized, concise and highlight the most important aspects of their invention. They can also save their presentation in .mpeg format and burn to a compact disc (CD) for easy...
- Invention Success Story: Side Solution Pillow. // Inventors' Digest;Jul2009, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p31
The article presents tips, being offered by Side Solution pillow developer P. Mettler, on how to develop and market a product. Mettler believes that it is easier for an inventor to develop a product that he knows well. He explains that a product being developed should be tested by other people,...
- TRADE SECRETS. Carson, Damon // Inventors' Digest;Aug2010, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p36
The article offers suggestions on how to launch one's invention to the market. One suggestion is to participate in trade shows which give one's product an opportunity to get in touch with the different media outlets. Another way of getting publicity mileage is through trade publications where...
- ...but will it sell? // Agri Marketing;Jan1995, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p42
Provides some tips on how to name new products. Creation of montage of cut-out photos; Words that show aspects or qualities of the new products; Things that appeal to target market.
- Product news. // Contractor Magazine;Nov93, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p58
Presents the latest developments on new products technology. Includes the latest model of heat pumps; Tapewrap for prevention of corrosion; Water-saving showerhead; Electronic bath/shower control; Product photographs and features.
- Product roundup. // Parks & Recreation;Dec93, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p58
Presents new products for December 1993. ESP-X Irrigation controller; ClearTek 1000 touch screen; Lasergate's automated ticketing and admission system; Bomanite stenciled concrete; Country Technology Incorporated's digital spirometer; Product information.