The Exuberant Engineer
- Ted Hawkins busks his way up Australia's album chart. Duffy, Thom; Weinert, Ellie // Billboard;11/12/94, Vol. 106 Issue 46, p43
Reports on the release of Ted Hawkins' major-label debut recording titled `The Next Hundred Years.' Hawkins' background as an elderly bluesman in Circular Quay in Sydney, Australia; Comments on Hawkins' music.
- Hawkins at Sunset. // Billboard;9/10/94, Vol. 106 Issue 37, p82
Features a photograph of DGC recording artist Ted Hawkins at the Sunset Tower Records in Los Angeles, California to support his album `The Next Hundred Years.'
- Freelance Producer/Engineer Racks Up Credits. WALSH, CHRISTOPHER // Billboard;11/18/2000, Vol. 112 Issue 47, p48
Profiles sound recording producer/engineer William Garrett. Career highlights; His contributions to the Sony/ATV Music publishing project studio; Highlights of his participation in recording sessions at Boston, Massachusetts' Intermedia Sound studio; Details of motion picture scores and songs...
- SUCCESS STORY: TIM HATFIELD. Walsh, Christopher // EQ;Oct2006, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p14
The article profiles Tim Hattfield as producer and engineer of Media Sound Studios in New York City. He is known for his specialty at catching great guitar tones from great guitarists which he explains that it is less about sculpting the track. Hatfield had a chance to assist in recording the...
- project studio. Micallef, Ken // Mix;Feb2009, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p22
The article presents a profile of the design and construction of Chiller Sound, a recording studio located in New York City. The studio is owned by music producer John Altschiller. The room is 2,000 square feet designed by Francis Manzella and is equipped for live recording but is geared more to...
- Ryan Greene. Johnson, Heather // Mix;Nov2004, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p60
Features Ryan Greene, producer/engineer for most of Fat Wreck Chords' catalog and co-owner of Motor Studios in San Francisco, California. Career background; Albums produced by Greene; Artists who have worked with Greene; Sound recording equipment and technology being used by the studio.
- With A Neve 8068, The Place Upgrades To The Stratosphere. Verna, Paul // Billboard;06/19/99, Vol. 111 Issue 25, p46
Reports on efforts by Andy Chase to upgrade his recording studio, the Place, located in New York City. The renaming of the studio; Equipment that was replaced; Some of the recording artists that have used the facility since the upgrade.
- New York Studio Complex Back Pocket Takes A Mothership Approach. Daley, Dan // Billboard;06/19/99, Vol. 111 Issue 25, p46
Discusses the evolution of the Back Pocket Studios located in New York City. How the studios reflect the evolution of both the studio industry in New York and one of its anchor revenue sources, the advertising industry; Size of the complex; How partners, John Russo and Marshall Grantham,...
- Staying current. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;05/21/99, Vol. 40 Issue 20, p4
Focuses on the Association of Music Producers. Key role in amplifying the voice of the television-advertising community of the United States; Contributions to efforts to unite commercial music and sound design houses in the US.