Leading The Way At Nextlink
- Nextlink Touts European Deal, New Investment. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p14
Reports on the multiple European fiber optic networks purchased by Nextlink Communications Inc. from Level 3 Communications for its wireless and wired communication expansion plans. Factor that contributes to the value depreciation of Nextlink's shares; Investment made by Forstmann Little & Co....
- Flying high. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;03/13/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p30
Presents information on Nextlink Communications, part of the communications collective of Craig McCaw. Background of Nextlink; Overview of the company's technology, management and finance; Formula behind the broadband wireless access project of the company. INSET: Change management.
- Nextlink to use Triton rings. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p33
Announces the decision of Nextlink Communications to use Triton Network Systems' consecutive point broadband radios. How the radios operate; Reasons for broadband wireless operators' criticisms of ring-based radio architectures; Features of the Triton system.
- Nextlink by its bootstraps. Miller, Elizabeth Starr // Telephony;07/31/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 5, p17
Reports on the first phase of a major network buildout and a major step in the evolution of Nextlink Communications to become an integrated service provider in North America. Acquisition of Concentric Network by Netlink; Option of Nextlink to deploy an optical switching platform; Broadband...
- Nextlink takes stake in HighSpeed. // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p7
Informs on a partnership between NextLink Communications Inc. and HighSpeed.com LLC in which NextLink will pay HighSpeed.com in exchange for a 15-percent equity position and 300 megahertz of LMDS broadband wireless spectrum in Denver.
- Nextlink, Concentric merge to offer businesses more broadband options. Smith, Hilary // RCR;01/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p17
Reports on Nextlink Communications Inc. and Concentric Network Corp.'s merger agreement to establish a broadband communications company that will provide a variety of voice, data and Internet services. Comments of Nextlink Chairman Dan Akerson, on the merger's benefits to small and medium...
- Nextlink selects Nortel BWA solution. Smith, Hilary // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p41
Reports that Nextlink Communications Inc. has selected Nortel Networks' Reunion ATM-based point-to-point Frequency Division Multiple Access and Time Division Multiple Access solution. Jumpstarting of Nextlink's national broadband network; Terms of agreement.
- The next wave: Wireless/wireline hybirds? Dawson, Fred // CED;Sep99, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p52
Discusses the use of hybrid wireline/wireless platforms for broadband communication systems. NextLink Communications Inc.'s acquisition of the local multipoint distribution service (LMDS) holdings of WNP Communications; MCI WorldCom and Sprint's acquisition of the multichannel multipoint...
- Nextlink Rises From The Ashes. // TelecomWeb News Digest;4/24/2006, p5
The article reports on the plan of XO Holdings to launch its Nextlink subsidiary to provide broadband wireless services for communication service providers and government buyers in the U.S. Nextlink has chosen Hughes Network Systems as its wireless equipment supplier which is starting its...