Knock at the Door
- The Kahnawake Fire Brigade had to start somewhere. Leborgne, Brittany // Eastern Door;8/13/2010, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p18
The article focuses on the Kahnawake Fire Brigade in Quebec and how it started from being a bucket brigade and evolved to become a reputable institution.
- Utah State Firemen Association's Quarterly Meeting. // UFRA Straight Tip;Oct2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p33
The article offers information on the quarterly meeting of the Utah State Firemen Association to be held at the Utah Fire Museum on October 13, 2013.
- V.F.D. to elect board members. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);11/ 2/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p6
The article reports that Lakeside Village Volunteer Firefighters Association will elect its officers to the board of directors at the Holiday Dinner in Texas on November 12, 2011.
- Celebrate the Fourth of July with BVFD fireworks. Masterson, Marcie // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/4/2007, Vol. 135 Issue 27, p7A
The article reports on the fireworks display sponsored by the Bertram Volunteer Fire Department on July 4, 2007.
- "Firefighter Behavioral Health" Roll-Out: Make Order Out of Chaos. Clay, Kathy // Fire Chief Expert Blog;5/17/2013, p5
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of attending the Initiative 13 on firefighter behavioral health in Baltimore, Maryland on March 1-2, 2013.
- City approves contract with firefighters. // Collinsville Herald;5/23/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 21, pA2
The article reports that the International Association of Firefighters has closed a new collective bargaining deal with the city of Collinsville, Illinois, wherein six additional personal leave hours will be given to firefighters and a Labor Management Committee will be created for the...
- FROM THE DIRECTOR. Connor, Hugh // UFRA Straight Tip;Oct2013, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including staffing in certain areas of Utah Fire and Rescue Academy (UFRA), the challenge of changing test standards at the institution, and the lease of the land where UFRA is located.
- Judge rules for firefighters in suit against N.J. State Fireman's Association. // Fire Engineering;Nov96, Vol. 149 Issue 11, p30
Reports that New Brunswick Superior Court judge Joseph Messina has ruled that membership in the New Jersey State Fireman's Association can no longer be denied to firefighters on the basis of height and weight. Effect of membership denial on Association privileges; Contact information.
- Spirit of Fire Awards 2014 nominees announced. // Fire;Mar2014, Vol. 108 Issue 1366, p6
The article announces the nominees of the 2014 Spirit of Fire Awards organised by the Fire Fighters Charity in several categories including Team of the Year, Best Newcomer of the Year and Lifetime Achievement Award.