My Turn: A Partnership of Practicality and Innovations
- Murphy discusses health care, U.S. spending. BROWN, NATHAN // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/4/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 210, pA1
The article focuses on the interview of U.S. Representative Scott Murphy with the editorial board of the newspaper "Adirondack Daily Enterprise," where he discusses several issues including U.S. health care, infrastructure, and public spending.
- SCHOOL SAFETY IN FRANCE. // PEB Exchange;Feb2003, Issue 48, p11
Focuses on the prevention of school accidents in France. Inventory of machine-tools in vocational and technological secondary schools; Major hazard prevention; Regulation of fire safety. INSET: The chemical explosion in Toulouse.
- Safety tips. // Single Parent;Fall94, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p13
Presents safety tips for children who are going home or coming home from school. Tips for children who walk to school; Tips for parents who drive their children to school; Importance of safety gear when children ride a bike to school; Rules to teach children who ride a bus to school.
- Examining adolescent injury prevention. Maney, Dolores W.; Hohman, Stephen T. // Wellness Perspectives;Fall94, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p19
Identifies aspects of injury incidence and prevention in an environmental framework as related to comprehensive school health education in the United States. Previous studies; Injury-related paradigms; Correlates of adolescent injury.
- Protect your class--and yourself--during science experiments. // Curriculum Review;Apr96, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p7
Provides suggestions on how to prevent accidents during science experiments. Planning and testing of demonstrations in advance; Importance of placing portable shields between the demonstration, the students and the teachers; Anticipation of problems.
- Securing schools could save money. // Public Finance;01/17/97, p6
Warns that Scottish schools need substantial investment from councils to stop an increasing trend of financial losses from criminal damage. Cost of crimes against school property; Need for investment in a range of prevention measures; Lack of funds.
- Managing risk assessment in science departments. Forlin, Peter; Forlin, Chris // Australian Science Teachers Journal;Aug97, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p55
Describes the trial of a health and safety risk management audit in four independent Queensland high schools. Preparation of a professional development package in risk management policy development; Compliance with the Queensland Workplace Health & Safety Act of 1995; Comparison of responses...
- How to prevent accidents at school. // Current Health 1;Oct95 1 of 2, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p1
Presents a teacher's guide to an article on school accidents published in `Current Health 1.' Review questions as including number of children hurt in school accidents in the United States; Places in the school where accidents are likely to happen; Student survey.
- Precious Cargo Program in Texas. Ball, Mark A. // Spectrum: Journal of State Government;Summer2002, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p31
Reports on an innovative pilot program introduced by the Texas Dept. of Transportation's Dallas District to reduce the chances of students being killed or injured in traffic-related incidents occurring near schools. Lack of communication; Uniformity in state's highway system.