- Untitled. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);8/26/2010, Vol. 114 Issue 34, p8
A photograph of the fireman from Greater Springfield Volunteer Fire Department (GSVFD) in a house fire rescue operation on August 20, 2010 is presented.
- Timber frame block destroyed. // Fire Safety Engineering;Nov2009, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p6
The article reports that a fire destroyed a timber-frame block of flats which was under construction during a fire in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England. It states that fire crews had rescued two people who were trapped in a neighbouring house and were brought to the hospital due to the...
- Firefighters as American heroes. SP1TZENBERGER, RAY // East Bernard Express (TX);7/25/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 30, p4
The article presents the author's views on firefighters of the U.S. who keeps their life in danger for rescuing people from fires in return of which they receives little or no financial compensation.
- COMING EVENTS. // Fire Engineering;Jun2008, Vol. 161 Issue 6, p142
The article offers information on several conferences, exhibitions, courses and seminars related to fire engineering for July-September 2008 in the U.S., including the Montana State Firemen's Convention on July-11 in Great Falls, Montana, the Rope Rescue Awareness and Operations on August 4-6 in...
- WHEN VEHICLES ARE DRIVEN THROUGH BUSINESS STOREFRONTS. Gustin, Sill // Fire Engineering;Nov2006, Vol. 159 Issue 11, p67
The article discusses the incidents of vehicles aimed through business storefronts in the U.S. The firefighters responding is faced with problems of a fire, a heavy rescue operation and a multiple-casualty incident when the number of victims outmatch the capabilities of first responders. The...
- New Process for Administering Written Examinations. Howes, Lori // UFRA Straight Tip;Oct-Dec2014, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p17
The article offers information on the process for administering written examinations for firefighters in Utah. Steps in administering written examinations include handing the candidate a pre-assembled packet, sealing the packet with to be opened by candidate only seal, and opening the packet...
- Efficiencies review challenge to the Fire Service. // Fire;Jun2013, Vol. 106 Issue 1358, p5
The article highlights the release of an independent report by former Chief Fire and Rescue Adviser Sir Ken Knight on fire and rescue services in England on May 17, 2013. Knight discovered that services remain to spend according to the budget they are provided instead of the risks they have to...
- Firefighter injuries. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Nov2010, Vol. 40 Issue 11, Special section p2
The article offers information on the report of the Fire and Rescue Operational Statistics for England which reveals that over 3,800 firefighters were injured during training, operational incidents or routine activities in England. It states that the highest number of injuries took place during...
- Juniors learn Search and Rescue. // Eastern Door;7/15/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 27, p17
The article focuses on the Junior Fire Brigade program at the Kahnawake Fire Brigade that teaches junior firefighters the skills for Search and Rescue operation to reach out for the possible victims in case of fires in their community.