Marty Durbin on First command's 'Perfect Storm,' Moving Beyond, and Serving Middle America
- First Command Intent on Transformation. Durbin, Harty // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2007, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p12
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "They Just Don't Get It!," from the January 2007 issue.
- 4 QUESTIONS. Schultz, Stacy // Financial Planning;May2008, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p26
An interview with Scott Spiker, chief executive officer of First Command, is presented. When asked how to get a client to gain financial independence, he relates that his company catches clients at an early age with their income and help them grow it through their life cycle. Spiker believes...
- Largest area investment brokerage firms. // Fort Worth Business Press;2005 Book of Lists, Vol. 18, p15
Presents a list of the largest area investment brokerage firms in Texas, as of January 2005. First Command Financial Planning; Merrill Lynch; UBS Financial Services.
- People. // Fort Worth Business Press;1/30/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p44
Reports on career changes involving executives in Fort Worth, Texas as of January 30, 2006. Promotion of Martyn Durbin as president and chief operating officer of First Command Financial Planning Inc.; Retirement of Bill Munn as executive director for Tarrant County's 9-1-1 district;...
- Banking Update. Francis, Robert // Fort Worth Business Press;5/2/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p19
Discusses the decision of First Command, the financial planning, banking and financial services company for U.S. military families, to seek out non-military affiliated customers in April 2005. Corporate background; Demographic profile of the target market; Expectations of the company regarding...
- Military Families Confident of Financial Planners. McGuinness, Kevin // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p184
The article reports that a survey by First Command Financial Behaviors Index show that 83 percent of middle-class military families trust their financial planners. According to Scott Spiker, chief executive officer (CEO) of First Command, the high degree of trust in financial planners among...
- Sequestration Prompts Military Families to Seek Out Advisers. Barney, Lee // Plan Advisor News;2015, p1
The article discusses a survey from the investment adviser First Command Financial Behaviors Index which reveals that due to the impact of sequestration on the U.S. middle-class military families they to sought out the help of a financial adviser in July 2015.
- Bowl game illustrates First Command's ties to military, FW. // Fort Worth Business Press;8/24/2015, Vol. 27 Issue 28, p34
The discusses First Command Financial Services Inc. as a co-sponsor of the Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl, a football bowl game, and mentions the view of Scott Spiker, chief executive officer (CEO) of First Command on the bowl game.
- FINANCIAL PLANNING. // Practical Accountant;Jun2009, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p14
The article offers news briefs related to financial planning in the U.S. Version 6.0 of eMoney 360 and eMoney 360Pro has been introduced by the eMoney Advisor. Meanwhile, the First Command Financial behaviors index indicates that America families having monthly savings are less affected by the...