- Little guys find ways to compete with chains. Battaglia, Tammy // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/17/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p20
Cites the sales strategies that Cleveland, Ohio-based independently owned sporting goods stores are using to stay competitive in a business saturated with big national retailers. Haney's Sporting Goods' Web site; Creative sales tactics; Cleveland Sporting Goods Co.'s customer service strategy;...
- retail IQ. // SGB;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p61
A quiz related to sporting goods retailing is presented.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;2/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p25
Details retail developments related to the sporting goods industry as of February 17, 1997. Includes the closure of 50 Oshman's Sporting Goods stores; Merger of Las Vegas Discount Golf with Saint Andrews Golf; Home Team Advantage specialty store's opening in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;6/8/98, Vol. 37 Issue 11, p25
Reports on developments concerning sporting goods retailers in the United States as of June 8, 1998. Includes Sunny's Great Outdoors Inc.'s plans to double the number of its stores; Bass Pro Shops' sponsorship of a automobile racing team; JumboSports' intentions to open an additional store in...
- Sports Authority KOs competition, but contenders are still in the ring. // Discount Store News;7/01/96, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p74
Lists the top sporting good retailers in the United States based on sales in 1995. Sports Authority Inc., Sports and Recreation and Sportmart as the top three chains; Number of stores as of January 1996; Average store size; Comparison with 1994. INSET: Outlook..
- Utah spending on sports activities totaled $2.5 billion in 2009. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;2/28/2011, Vol. 40 Issue 32, p1
The article reports that the sports industry contributed to the growth of the economy of Utah in 2009, with spending on sports activities including attendance, participation and retail purchases amounting to 2.5 billion U.S. dollars.
- Retailer news. // Discount Store News;10/5/98, Vol. 37 Issue 19, p37
Presents news briefs related to the sporting goods retailers in the United States, as of October 5, 1998. Includes protest staged at a Wal-Mart sponsored fishing tournament; MC Sports' expansion strategy under its president and chief executive officer, Bruce Ullery; Opening of Cabela's store in...
- GAMES LEAD THE WAY, WITH PLENTY MORE SECTORS STILL TO PLAY FOR. // Estates Gazette;9/29/2007 Directory, Issue 740, p27
An interview with Peter Pritchard, director of general merchandise of Asda, about the rise of the non-food sector in Great Britain is presented. He cites the forecasted growth of the non-food business of Asda. He does not think that Asda would do broadcast media. He mentions the plan of Asda to...
- Keeping it Real. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Nov2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p47
Presents an interview with Brian Priddy, president of Hibbett Sporting Goods, about his retail career. Career background; Keys to success; Factor that attracted him to Hibbett.