eBay Branches Out
- Recovery Brings Opportunities. Perry, Phillip M. // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 63 Issue 6, p8
The article offers a forecast for the sporting goods industry in the U.S. According to Sophia Koropeckyj, managing director of industry economics at Moody's Analytics, the retail market will begin to recover in 2011 and will continue to expand from 2012 to 2013. Also discussed are the factors...
- Many happy returnsâ€¦with the right policy. Chepesiuk, Ron // NSGA Retail Focus;Jan/Feb2007, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p14
The article discusses retail sporting goods stores' returns and exchanges policies, in the context of growing incidence of abuse and fraud. Retail consultant Jim Dion, of Dionco Inc., advises retailers to adopt and post a clear policy and print it on receipts. Store owners should track sales by...
- Gander Mountain Plays to Win. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Sep2004, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p30
Features Gander Mountain, a hunting and outdoor equipment and supplies retailer in the U.S. Number of stores of the company across the country by the end of 2004; Expected fiscal 2004 sales; Description of new Gander stores; Merchandise offered by Gander; Challenges faced by the retailer...
- Retailers tighten belts, prepare for soft landing. Perry, Phillip // NSGA Retail Focus;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p12
The article focuses on the effects of a slowing economy in the sporting goods industry. The article presents information supporting the estimation of slow economic growth in 2007. Rising energy costs and higher shelf prices are contributing to a decrease in consumer spending, as well as the...
- Berlin Nike Town to premiere. Drier, Melissa // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;04/02/99, Vol. 177 Issue 63, p13
No abstract available.
- Bowling Shop Opens. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;09/14/98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p12
Reports that the Rusty J's Proshop bowling gear store has opened for business in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- NikeTown's invasion of London. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Reports on the opening of the Nike Town Store in London, England. Estimates of the store's construction cost; Description of the store's features.
- Scoring the winning design. Carlton, Rachel // Display & Design Ideas;Jun2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p18
Provides information on the design of the retail store of Dick's Sporting Goods Inc. at the Mall in Robinson near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the design of the store; Techniques used in the design and construction of the store; Elements of the design.
- DOING THE MATH. // SGB;Jun2004, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p23
Presents the sporting goods companies in the U.S. that are included in the 2003 Retail Top 100 list compiled by magazine "SGB." INSETS: THE FOOTACTION SAGA WINDS DOWN;LOCAL COMMUNITIES FALL HOOK, LINE AND SINKER FOR BASS PRO AND....