Assessing The Next Generation At Nortel
- Nortel exec says 3G vendor dominance unrelated to 2G world. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;6/17/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 24, p4
Focuses on the views of Nortel Networks' Pascal Debon on the success of the dominance in second-generation networks in 2002. Strategic actions by wireless infrastructure and handset providers; Outlook for the third-generation networks; Forecast on GSM technology market.
- Nortel Eliminates Dividend, Suspends DRIP. // DRIP Investor;Sep2001, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p2
Reports the elimination of dividend and suspension of DRIP for participants by Nortel Networks. Economic consideration on the elimination of dividend; Losses incurred by Nortel; Anticipation of period for recovery of Nortel's stocks.
- NORTEL PUSHES SERVICES PLAY WITH SOFTSWITCH. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;2/24/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 4, p12
Introduces Nortel Networks Corp.'s services-oriented Succession softswitch. Features of the softswitch; Advantage of a services-oriented approach.
- Nortel Covers All Bets in Metro Optics Markets. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2001, Vol. 35 Issue 8, p20
Reports on Nortel Networks' strategies to retain its leadership in the metropolitan optical networking market in North America. Development of a tunable laser incorporated into optical DWDM; Factors contributing to Nortel's success in the market; Redefinition of company's performance and economics.
- Nortel to further reduce work force. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p15
Details the restructuring plans of Toronto, Ontario-based Nortel Networks. Plans for plant divestitures; Decision to lay-off 3,500 employees; Transition from vertical integration to virtual integration.
- Nortel declares dividend. // RCR;06/07/99, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p20
Announces Nortel Networks' declaration of its regular quarterly dividend payable June 30, 1999 to shareholders of record as of June 8.
- `You've got phone!'. QUINTON, BRIAN // Telephony;03/01/99, Vol. 236 Issue 9, p20
Provides information on an Internet call waiting (ICW) product of Nortel Networks. Information on Nortel's first ICW application; Remarks from Gary Schechtman, Nortel's senior manager for ICW business development; Benefits for the service provider.
- Nortel increases credit agreements. // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p27
Reports that Nortel Networks Corp. can borrow funds from creditors following its regulatory filing on May 15, 2001, in which it increased its credit agreements.
- Report: Telecom market still slow. Hochmuth, Phil // Network World;9/9/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 36, p41
Cites a report by the Dell'Oro Group concerning the performance of the U.S. market for optical transport and multiservice synchronous optical network gear during the second quarter of 2002. Decline in revenue for the optical transport market; Rise in revenue from the sale of SONET multiservice...