Down By the Mailstream
- Insurers Seek Faster, More Precise Models To Better Assess Catastrophic Exposures. Trembly, Cara C. // National Underwriter / P&C;2/11/2008, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p24
The article focuses on the introduction of new data sets by Pitney Bowes Mapinfo company, a global provider of location intelligence, in the U.S. It cites that comprehensive Risk Data Suite consists of bundles with high-definition data and aggregate exposure grids. It also states that the...
- Pitney Bowes' security system reaps returns. Marsan, Carolyn Duffy // Network World;7/31/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 29, p17
The article reports on the development of a security system designed to lock down access to its global network by the leading mail system vendor Pitney Bowes in the computer industry in the U.S. The company decided to develop the system for the purpose of upgrading its Internet protocol (IP)...
- Too much success can result in lazy, uncaring company. Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;8/7/95, Vol. 5 Issue 19, p18
Opinion. Suggests that Pitney Bowes' success has made the company complacent. Rating of the company's postage meter products; Frequency of Pitney Bowes' phone number changes without notice; Attitude of the company's telephone attendant.
- Fax fix from afar. Mamis, Robert A. // Inc.;Sep92, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p50
Outlines how hardware distributor Lawson Products (Des Plaines, Ill.) keeps some 800 fax machines functioning. Use of NASA's remote diagnostics from Pitney-Bowes' National Diagnostics Center (Melbourne, Fla.); How the self-examination software program works; Increasingly office-machine...
- Event Snapshot. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/29/2008, Vol. 47 Issue 52, p17
A photograph of the American Red Cross volunteers and Pitney Bowes employees that worked on holiday cards for U.S. servicemen and women.
- Untitled. Kotite, Erika // Entrepreneur;Jul1993, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p32
Features business products and ideas. Pitney Bowes' Business Basic system which automates the entire mailing process; Print Shop Deluxe from Broderbund Software; GX140 snap-on touch screen from MicroTouch; More.
- Neither rain nor snow stops Pitney Bowes. // Money;Aug1994, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p38
Reports that certain mail stamping machines have enabled Pitney Bowes to post 13% compound annual earnings growth for a decade. Figures continue; Postal discounts to companies that preprocess their own mail; Pitney Bowes revenues; Comments by analyst William Gorman; Details.
- JUMPING AHEAD BY GOING HIGH TECH. Alpert, Mark // Fortune;10/19/1992, Vol. 126 Issue 8, p113
Profiles Pitney Bowes, Stamford, Conn., which introduced the Paragon mail processor in July, a milestone in the march of Pitney Bowes from old-line manufacturer to high-tech growth company. Comments from CEO George Harvey, 61, on the Paragon, proof the company has been transformed into a...
- Globalink '97 conference. Philippidis, Alex // Fairfield County Business Journal;04/21/97, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p5
Details the market growth of the Pitney Bowes Inc. in Stamford, Connecticut. Effective distribution system as the contributing factor to the market growth; Statistics on the upward surge of the company; Need for competence in mechanical and computer disciplines; Commitment of the company to...