- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/13/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 8, p19
The article discusses developments related to the chemical industry which include the increase in propylene oxide (P0) prices in China and increase in the U.S. acetone contract prices.
- Dow predicts 5% growth. Brice, Andy; Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;10/4/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2118, p10
Reports on an increase in the demand for ethylene oxide and propylene oxide expected by chemical company Dow through 2005. Views of Earl Shipp, global business vice president for Dow Oxides & Glycols, on the growth of the industry; Details of the expansion of plant capacity for the products;...
- PTTGC outlines investment plans, US petchem complex uncertain. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;11/21/2016, Vol. 178 Issue 30, p17
The article reports on the plan of chemical firm PTT Global Chemical to reconfigure its Map Ta Phut, Thailand, olefin operations and build a naphtha cracker with capacity for 500000 metric tons per year of ethylene. It mentions that company is also developing a propylene oxide (PO) and polyether...
- PO and PG Demand Strengthens on Improving Fundamentals. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/29/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 17, p6
Reports on the status of the demand for propylene oxide (PO) and propylene glycol (PG) as of April 2002. Expectation of an improvement of the operating rates for PO in 2002; Attempt of a price increase by North American PO/PG producers; Effectivity of a PG price increase per metric ton in Europe.
- INTERMEDIATES IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/6/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 19, p18
The article presents news briefs related to chemical industries including fall in the spot prices of propylene oxide (PO) in China, the contract prices for European phthalic anhydride (PA) at 35 euro per tonne from October 2010 and increase in the contract prices of U.S. ethylene glycol (EG) for...
- Propylene Spot Prices Rise on Tight Supplies. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/01/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 12, p2
Reports that the propylene market continues to tighten as supplies have fallen way below demand. Contract price increase producers tried for chemical grade and for polymer grade; Propylene's gasoline blend value that has discouraged refiners from supplying propylene to chemical markets.
- Olefin contracts force EO and PO increases. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/27/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 5, p12
The article focuses on increased buying activity in Europe ethylene oxide market in August 2012 despite reports suggesting that monthly contract prices will significantly increase and comments that elevated feedstock costs have impacted propylene oxide contract prices.
- Propylene oxide. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/26/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 15, p30
The article discusses the chemical propylene oxide (PO), focusing on the sales, prices, and industry outlook for PO manufacturing as of November, 2012. Topics include the use of PO as an intermediate in manufacturing propylene glycol ethers and flame retardants, supply and demand for PO...
- PO, propylene glycol show strength, but new capacity darkens the outlook. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;02/17/97, Vol. 251 Issue 7, p5
Discusses the strong propylene glycol and propylene oxide sectors of the petrochemical industry. Pressure from rising feedstock costs; Prospect for 1997; Implications of key expansions and acquisitions for the market; Key applications and major markets; Pricing.