Why This French Bank Likes US Westerns
- BNP Paribas' Eyes US Retail Banks. // Money Management Executive;9/25/2006, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p22
The article presents an interview with Phillipe Bordenave, chief financial officer of BNP Paribas SA. When asked how the company has been building its presence in the western part of the U.S., he said it is via a string of acquisitions and organic growth. Beyond BancWest Corp., seventh largest...
- Paribas securities services unit expands to portugal. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;05/10/99, Vol. 11 Issue 19, p39
Reports that Paribas Bank has opened its custody operations in Portugal, as part of its expansion plans for its European network of banks. Total number of markets Paribas serves following its expansion move; Services to be offered by the company's new location; Motivations for the financial...
- BNP Paribas looking to build up platform. Henley, Will // Money Marketing;2/21/2008, p28
The article reports that BNP Paribas SA is looking to sign up to three white-label platform deals in 2008. It is stated that the company is expanding its proposition to a wider selection of distributors. Adam Hodgkins, business development manager of BNP Paribas, states that the company is...
- BNP Paribas: no gambling in Monaco. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;November 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p117
Reports on BNP Paribas' two separate agreements designed to bolster of its private banking business in Monaco. BNP Paribas' intentions to become a serious player in global private banking; BNP Paribas' purchase of Societe Monegasque de Banque Privee and Bank von Ernst.
- Custodians Want Tax Reform in Italy. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;11/13/2000-11/20/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 43, p1
Reports on the lobbying efforts by custodian banks in Italy led by BNP Paribas to change procedures that will pave the way for tax refunds to foreign investors. Main cause of the problem; Double tax agreements allowing the refund of a 'tax credit.'
- BNP GETTING SERIOUS. // U.S. Banker;Jan2002, Vol. 112 Issue 1, p12
Reports on the accelerated pace of business expansion by BNP Paribas under the administration of director and chief operating officer, Baudouin Prot. Progress of acquiring BankWest Corp.; Ventures with Japanese banks.
- Italy Latest to Adopt Equities CCP Service. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;4/14/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p1
The article states that Italy will adopt central counterparty service for equities in May 2003. The service can slash settlement costs for some investors by half. The service was delayed by complications in obtaining approvals from the Bank of Italy, the country's central bank, and market...
- BNP Paribas Expands US Loans Business. Segar, Joseph // Bank Loan Report;8/13/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 32, pN.PAG
BNP Paribas SA has been steadily growing its loans business in the U.S. Before the two institutions, Banque Nationale de Paris (BNP) and Banque Paribas, merged last spring, Paribas focused on niche markets, while BNP concentrated on leveraged buyout deals. But by pooling their resources, the...
- BNP Builds; Citi Is No Distraction. Rieker, Matthias // American Banker;6/5/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 107, p4
Discloses the plans of French bank BNP Paribas to look for possible deals in the western United States. Interest in acquiring small-sized companies to complement the bank's franchise; Banks owned in the United States.