SNA Addresses Wellness, Finance Issues
- How to revive dying service clubs. Guy, John // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/31/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 45, p11
The article argues on how to recreate the good quality performance of service clubs in the U.S. including the election of younger leaders, making membership recruitment the important goal of district and regional leaders, and hiring of national executive director.
- Edgewood Lions Club seeks broader membership base. // Edgewood Enterprise (TX);10/5/2006, Vol. 99 Issue 40, p2
The article focuses on the efforts made by the Edgewood Lion's Club in Texas to revitalize its organization. The group plans to create a Leo club for high school students. Their main objective is to raise money for college scholarships by serving food at booths during local festival events. The...
- FPA Board Votes to Change Membership Structure. // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2002, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p18
This article presents the changes to the membership structure of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) in the U.S. as was decided by the FPA board of directors on November 7, 2002. The board has decided to eliminate membership divisions. In its place are two new categories for individual...
- This Should Be Your Year! Rawson, Randy // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Jun2004 Supplement, Vol. 76, p2
Discusses the benefits of being a member of the American Boiler Manufacturers Association in the U.S. Access to information and updates on the industry; Role as a medium of social and political advocacy; Information on the revision of the mission statement of the association in 2004.
- What We Do For You. Solomon, Frank // Policy & Practice (19426828);Oct2008, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p5
The author discusses developments and plans of the American Public Human Services Association (APHSA). These include the continuous effort of the organization in bridging the gap between the federal and state regulatory measures on best practices concerning child welfare programs. Meanwhile,...
- It pays to belong. Martin, Troy E. // Health Facilities Management;Jan2009, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p33
A letter from the president of the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE) is presented. It expresses the author's views on being the president of ASHE. It commends ASHE for its efforts and contributions to provide safe and healthy physical environment for patients. It also urges...
- THE COMMITTEE ON GOVERNANCE CORNER. Sutton, Ernest R. // Trustee;Apr2005, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p4
Presents information on the Center for Healthcare Governance in the U.S. Benefits of membership in the organization; Goal of the Center; Membership structure.
- Members Are Invited to Accept the Challenge of AGA National and Regional Leadership. // Government Financial Management TOPICS;9/7/2010, Vol. 50 Issue 16, p14
The article offers information related to membership and job vacancies in the Association of Government Accountants (AGA) in the U.S. AGA's National Nominating Committee is seeking members for various leadership positions and has specified qualifications and eligibility criteria for those...
- CULMINATION OF A GREAT BEGINNING. Ziegfeld, Edwin // Art Education;Mar/Apr51, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p5
The author reflects on the accomplishments of the National Art Education Association. He says that the holding of the organization's first annual convention in New York City in March 1951, represented the successful conclusion of a major phase of the life of the association. He mentions that in...