- TV One Gets More Real. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/27/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p28
The article announces that TV One will add more reality shows to its primetime line-up of shows. The move of the company was because the African-American-targeted network moves away from lifestyle programming to a more entertainment-based content. It mentions that Comcast Corp. and Radio One...
- TRUMP'S 'ULTIMATE' CARD. Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;11/10/2009, Vol. 305 Issue 27, p1
The article focuses on the reality television show "Omarosa's Ultimate Merger," the latest production of TV One, a television production company, to be filmed in New York. The show, produced by media personality Donald Trump, is focused on 12 men vying for the affection of reality star Omarosa....
- AT DEADLINE. Umstead, R. Thomas; Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p38
The article reports that celebreality television is still active on cable as several networks have announced several projects during the Television Critics Association's Winter Tour in the U.S. They include "Tori & Dean: Inn Love" and "Band of Men" from VH1 Co., "I Married a Baller" from TV One...
- TV One Taps Lifestyles. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;3/15/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the creation of television shows by cable service TV One that cater to African American lifestyle as of March 15, 2004. Lifestyle-based television shows slated for the network during the second quarter of 2004; Program choices to be provided by the network, according to Lee Gaither,...
- Style Channel Has New Designs on Reality. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;5/12/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the reality shows scheduled to be telecast by Style, the digital sibling of E! Entertainment Television. Emphasis on shows that portray lifestyle stories about real people in real life situations; Preparations undertaken by the channel to start reality shows; Popularity of the channel.
- AXN sharpens action offer with 'B!G'. Hamdi, Raini // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;6/18/2004, p4
The television broadcasting company AXN Asia has kicked off a branding campaign, "dubbed B!G," to demonstrate that its mix of action and adventure programming add up to a "big experience." The company Sony Pictures Entertainment Networks Asia vice-president for marketing and creative services,...
- Gauls galled over doc coin for 'Popstars' James, Alison // Daily Variety;10/22/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 36, p12
Reports on the reaction of French television production representatives to the decision of granting 800,000 francs in documentary aid to the reality show 'Popstars.'
- Muslim scholars score a hit on Malaysian reality show. Yeow, Julia // South Asian Post;7/22/2010, p20
The article offers information on the Malaysian reality show "Young Imam" wherein ten contestants, aged 18-27, of different status, from cleric to student to businessman and farmer, competing for the cash and fame.
- FACE-OFF. RUDGE, CHARLOTTE // InStyle;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p50
This article compares the main characters of the reality television shows "Jersey Girls" and "Jersey Shore."