DISNEY'S MARSH TAKES IT ONE 'CHEETAH' AT A TIME
- For Healy, Movie-Making Is Child's Play. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;11/17/2008, Vol. 138 Issue 45, p20
The article offers information on Michael Healy, senior vice president of Original Movies at Disney Channel, whose made-for-television movies for children are at the top slot. He and his team has made around 75 movies. Healy joined Disney in 1997 and has delivered a large number of hit movies...
- 'Musical' Hits the Road. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;7/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p47
The article highlights the development of a public-affairs program and marketing strategy of the Disney Channel for its telefilm "High School Musical." The channel is developing a grant program to help schools afford to stage the production locally. The film has already become a popular title...
- DISNEY'S STAR MACHINE. Roberts, Johnnie L.; Ramirez, Jessica; Springen, Karen; Reno, Jamie; Peyser, Marc; Setoodeh, Ramin // Newsweek;7/24/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 4, p42
This article presents a review of the motion picture "High School Musical," starring Ashely Tisdale, Zac Efron, Vanessa Anne Hudgens, and directed by Kenny Ortega. INSET: LUNCHROOM POLITICS.
- Song in the key of 'High School' life. Sandler, Adam // Daily Variety;10/3/2008, Vol. 300 Issue 64, pA44
The article focuses on the efforts of "High School Musical" director Kenny Ortega and Disney Channel music and soundtrack vice president Steven Vincent to develop the musical end of the made-for-television film. Ortega and Vincent put together songwriters and composers who would constitute a...
- Set Dressing. // Horse & Rider;Feb2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p24
Presents information on 'Nightwaves,' a new made-for-television movie set in Boston, Massachusetts, as of February 2003. Plot of the movie; Description of Shelby Naylor, the star of the movie.
- The WINNING Season. // Scholastic Scope;4/26/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p4
Presents information about the television film "The Winning Season," directed by Honus Wagner.
- Bleu Blazes! // Junior Scholastic;2/26/2007, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p5
The article provides information on the booming career of television film star Corbin Bleu and some of his movies and television series including "High School Musical," "Jump In!," and "Flight 29 Down."
- KEEPING POSTED. // Saturday Evening Post;2/7/1953, Vol. 225 Issue 32, p120
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Frank Taylor on preserving the great redwood trees in California and another by Lowell Hawley on the Hollywood boom in making television films.
- Chilling Views on Discovery, AMC. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p24
Presents views of the author on made-for-television movies to be aired on cable channels Discovery Channel and American Movie Classics (AMC) in October 2002. Information about the special documentary film 'Defcon-2,' to be aired on the Discovery Channel on October 30, 2002; Critique of...