Barbara Hauser on Wealth, Work, the Next Generation, and the Pursuit of Happiness
- Private client teams: Rich tapestry. Harris, Joanne // Lawyer (Online Edition);6/3/20123, p16
The article discusses private clients' increasing demand for wealth management service from law firms in Great Britain. Law firms perform several wealth management services including succession planning, art acquisition and matrimonial disputes. Because of the growth of emerging economies,...
- In some courts, it's still a man's world. Beaven, Stephen // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/16/96, Vol. 17 Issue 26, p25
Focuses on law firms in Indianapolis, Indiana which hire female attorneys. Number of women lawyers at Ice Miller Donadio & Ryan; Comments from local female lawyers.
- Female partners still battling the odds. Power, Helen; Ampah, Belinda // Lawyer;8/18/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 33, p1
Presents the results of a research conducted by the periodical 'Lawyer' on the gender divide at the top 10 British law firm as of August 2003. Number of female partners on salaried status; Part time partner scheme open to both sexes; Firms with the most number of female partners and associates.
- A law unto themselves. Dusky, Lorraine // Executive Female (0199-2880);Nov/Dec96, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p50
Focuses on the issues affecting women lawyers for big law firms. Statistics on the number of women working for top law firms; Trends on the career movement of women in law firms; Growth of women-owned law firms in the United States; Challenges for women who make the switch from law firm to...
- Women Stretch For the Legal Brass Ring. Ward, Denise T. // San Diego Business Journal;7/2/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 27, p13
Reports on the challenges facing women in San Diego, California's legal community. Percentage of female attorneys who are partners in the city's largest private law firms; Underrepresentation in positions of the greatest status, influence and economic award; Decline in the number of female...
- Balancing Work and Life: A Flimsy Tightrope. King, Jennifer E. // Corporate Legal Times;Apr2002, Vol. 12 Issue 125, p8
Reports the role of women in the legal counseling business. Perception on the flexibility of legal department in balancing work and personal life; Research made by Catalyst in the advancement of women in legal department jobs; Commitment of women in personal responsibilities.
- Law firms work together to retain female talent. Stevens, Michelle // People Management;2/25/2010, p8
The article reports on the efforts of several law firms in Great Britain to retain female top talents in their firms.
- The TRAIL BLAZERS. Vosper, Robert // Corporate Legal Times;Nov2003, Vol. 13 Issue 144, p48
Presents the five most influential women general counsel in the U.S. Method of selection; Qualities of these women; Career backgrounds.
- Women attorneys bringing in bucks. Milligan, Amanda L. // Crain's Chicago Business;2/17/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 7, SPECIAL REPORT p8
Reports on an increase in the women attorneys who are getting business outside law firms in the U.S. Percentage of women in private-practice firms in the year 2001; Role of women maturity in winning business; Factors behind the success of women.