Hustler TV Taps New Revenue Streams
- STATION Dish. // Television Week;8/18/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 33, p26
Presents updates on the U.S. television stations as of August 18, 2003. Performance of Chicago's NBC station WMAQ-TV from July 10 to August 6, 2003; Information on the 30-minute newscast produced by Tallahassee's Gray Communications-owned CBS station WCTV-TV for Pegasus-owned Fox station...
- TV is not the world. Greenfield, Jeff // Columbia Journalism Review;May/Jun1978, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p29
The article argues that by exaggerating the power of television, its critics disregard reality and evade the real issues of television reform. What makes television so susceptible to criticism, such a source of concern and fear, is not that it does any one job worse than its forebears. The...
- Survey Scrutinizes Chicago News. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;7/30/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 30, p14
The article presents information on a survey conducted in Chicago, Illinois, regarding the success of television stations in newscasts. The study titled "The Local TV News Experience: How to Win Viewers by Focusing on Engagement," reveals that the television stations in Chicago have been doing a...
- Greensboro, N.C. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;05/29/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 22, p28
Offers a look at the status of the local media networks in the three cities of North Carolina such as Greensboro, High Point and Winston-Salem as of May 2000. Local television market in the cities; Several television networks and their programs; Television station ratings; Radio ownership.
- TOP CABLE NETS IN 18-49. // Daily Variety;1/5/2005, Vol. 286 Issue 6, p9
Lists the top five television networks among the 18-49 age group in the United States for the week prior to January 5, 2005.
- And now for the good news. Mulholland, Stephen // Finance Week;4/21/2003, p16
Reports that South African President, Thabo Mbeki calls for the creation of an African equivalent of the Arabic television station, Al-Jazeera. Encouragement of the media to familiarize themselves with what is happening in the country; Improvement of media services, news reporting and...
- Phoenix. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;11/7/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 40, p9
This article presents information on the media market of Phoenix, Arizona. Phoenix is the largest city in the state, with a population of 1.4 million as of 2004, reflecting a 44 percent gain since 1990. The population surge in the city has led to a steady climb in its market rank. Some of the...
- TELEVISION STATIONS. // San Diego Business Journal;9/25/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 39, p19
A list of different television stations in the United States is presented. The number one television station is KNSD-TV Channel 7/39. This television station is followed by KFMB-TV, Channel 8 and KGTV, Channel 10.
- Independent Spirit. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 26, p17
Presents updates on the activities done by independent television stations serving the market in San Francisco Bay Area, California. Limitation of the news offered by Clear Channel's KFTY; Comedies offered by Cox's KICU; Community served by KTSF.