- Little R.I. Op Fights Cox in Court. Estrella, Joe // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p16
Reports that Rhode Island cable television company Full Channel TV has asked the local Supreme Court to overturn a ruling that would allow Cox Communications Inc. to compete for viewers in different towns within the state. Reason behind Full Channel's move; Claims and contentions of officials...
- Accenting Success. // Multichannel News;Nov2002 Supplement, Vol. 23, p20A
Reports on the marketing efforts of the cable television network HBO as of November 2002. Promotional campaign for miniseries 'Band of Brothers,' to be telecast on HBO; Comments of Eric Kessler, executive vice president of marketing, on the various campaigns run by HBO; Money spent by HBO on...
- Discop '98 hungry for U.S. programs. Nadler, John; Meils, Cathy // Variety;06/29/98, Vol. 371 Issue 8, p24
Focuses on price commanded by United States (US) program sellers at Discop '98 in Hungary. Details on the prices of US television programs; Comment from Patrick Jucaud of Discop '98; Deals offered by US sellers.
- Pay TV overpowers Midia `98. Hopewell, John; Ochoa, Christina // Variety;06/22/98, Vol. 371 Issue 7, p29
Reports that pay television fell over the third edition of Midia 1998, a Latin American film and television market held in Madrid on June 18, 1998. Challenges faced by Midia; Participants in the market; Explosion of cable and satellite television in Spain and Latin America.
- Euro buyers seek out quality programming. Boehm, Erich // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p42
Focuses on the emphasis on quality programming of European buyers in the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows. Comments from European buyers; Trends in British television production; Production budget at Channel 4; Implication of the maturation of television channels.
- Latin buyers prepare for program shopping spree. Sutter, Mary // Variety;05/25/98, Vol. 371 Issue 3, p44
Looks at the significance of the L.A. Screenings, a sales bazaar for television shows, as a TV market for Latin America. Information on Multivision, a Mexican cabler to attend the 1998 event; Comments from Ignacio Duran of TV Azteca; Other benefits of the L.A. Screenings; Changes in Columbia's...
- Deals bop at Discop East. Nadler, John // Daily Variety;6/28/2010, Vol. 307 Issue 60, p4
The article reports on the closure of NATPE's 18th Discop East, the Central and Eastern Europe's premier television programming market.
- KEEP PERSPECTIVE ON THE UPFRONT. // Advertising Age;5/16/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 20, p3
An excerpt is presented from an article on the so-called "upfront" advance sales period for television advertising posted on the publication's Web site.
- A Daunting DMA. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 42, p25
Provides information on the Charleston-Huntington market in West Virginia. States covered by the market; Stories covered by Charleston television stations in the area; Diversification undergone by the economy of West Virginia.