Gourmet cooks in New Jersey
- Lynchburg College runs 700 events a year. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;2/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p106
Features Catering Service's food service operations at the Lynchburg College in Virginia. Catering to the universities' various events; Handling a variety of events in the on-campus areas; Revision of standardized menus for internal and external events; Benefits of cross-training the personnel...
- BRANDED PIZZA GIVES BOOST: Indiana U. adds Papa John's in arenas. // FoodService Director;05/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the increase in concession sales at Indiana University's Assembly hall in 2000 with the addition of Papa John's Pizza in snack stands at the basketball arena. Percent increase in concession sales; Food and snacks served at the basketball arena; Information on the expansion of the...
- MarketCapsule: CHALLENGES IN COLLEGE CATERING. // FoodService Director;04/15/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p1
Reports the growth in the catering revenues of colleges and universities in the United States as of April 2000.
- TEN WAYS TO BREAK IN TO THE STUDENT MARKET. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/25/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4670, p32
The article presents suggestions on how college caterers can attract more students.
- Keying in on the seasons. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;08/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p84
Focuses on the catering business at several universities and colleges in the United States. Percentage of the University of Georgia in Athens' catering service delivered outside the campus; Peak season for Ashland University in Ohio's catering business; Catering departments at the University of...
- AT DARTMOUTH UNIV.: Kosher/Muslim unit planned. // FoodService Director;03/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p1
Unveils the plan of Dartmouth College in Hanover, New Hampshire to open a kosher/Muslim facility to cater to the Jewish and Muslim students on campus. Details on the planned facility; Total cost of the project.
- Three for the Price of One CafÃ©. // Food Management;Jun2005, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p17
The article focuses on Aramark Corp., which manages the in-house dining operation for Downtown Chicago's University Center, a fairly unique experiment in institutional cooperation. The 18-story complex is a 1,700-bed student residence that houses students from three adjacent schools. Aramark...
- UNIVERSITY CHALLENGE. Rowbotham, Gemma // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;3/25/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4670, p29
The article focuses on how college caterers in Great Britain can take advantage of increased scrutiny from a new generation of students. It is said that with college fees rising up to 9000 pounds per year, students have less money to spend and they are looking for better value of their money. It...
- AT UNIV. OF BALTIMORE: Kiosks push menu changes for a.m. and p.m. dayparts. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;1/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p26
Reports the upgrading of the catering operations of the University of Baltimore. Details on the unit's operation; Overview of the kiosk system; Information on the catering service; Views on Poe's Cafe.