Forget Dishes, Hook 'Em With 'One-Bill Simplicity'
- Q&A. // Multichannel News;9/29/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p39
The article presents an interview with Sam Howe, chief marketing officer of cable company Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC), about the company's marketing priorities. According to Howe, one marketing thrust is to continue to raise the company's brand profile. He claims that TWC has its Customer Value...
- Exec draws on outside experience to focus on consumer experience. Klaasen, Abbey // Advertising Age;9/19/2005, Vol. 76 Issue 38, p42
Looks at the marketing strategy of cable television firm Time Warner Cable under senior VP-marketing Sam Howe. Launch of a branding campaign that focuses on consumer experience; Views of Howe on efficient marketing; Challenge Howe faced as Time Warner's marketing executive.
- The Expanding Channel. Ben-Yehuda, Ayala // Billboard;4/5/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 14, p24
The article discusses the marketing strategy of the Latin television channel SÃ TV, noting its effort to attract older audiences. Time Warner and Echostar have invested in the channel, which almost doubled its revenue in 2007. SÃ TV's chief executive officer Michael Schwimmer discusses the...
- Time Warner Nets $1M from LMN Promotion. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p26
Reports on the estimated incremental revenue generated by Time Warner Cable from a local affiliate-sales promotion that it ran with Lifetime Movie Network (LMN). Details of how the sweepstakes were conducted; Establishments in which Time Warner sold the promotion; Views of Time Warner Cable...
- Time Warner Marketing Blitz Pushes For Strong '02 Finish. // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p34
Reports on the advertising campaign of U.S.-based cable television network Time Warner Cable Inc. as of December 2002. Theme for the campaign; Cost of the campaign; Possible benefits of the campaign.
- Time Warner Cable to Cease 'Fiber' Claims. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/14/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p26
The article offers updates related to the fiber-optic network advertisement of the Time Warner Cable Inc.
- BRAND VS. BRAND: ATTACK ADS ON THE RISE. York, Emily Bryson // Advertising Age;10/27/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 40, p1
The article reports that so-called "comparison" advertising, in which corporate marketers directly attack their rivals in the manner of political advertising, is increasing. This once taboo practice has been initiated by such well-known companies as Microsoft and Apple. Time Warner Cable is the...
- When Local Is Focal. Winslow, George // Multichannel News;10/27/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p24
The article reports on the importance of centralized market price of video-on-demand (VOD) services. It mentions that centralized market price of the VOD programs gives the operators a more competitive advantage. According to Comcast senior vice president of new media Matt Strauss, localized VOD...
- GOING ON THE OFFENSIVE WITH NEW AD STRATEGY. Hampp, Andrew // Advertising Age;10/6/2008, Vol. 79 Issue 37, p16
An interview is presented with marketing executive Sam Howe, head of marketing for Time Warner Cable. Howe explains the advertising his company has created which directly targets business rival Verizon and its Verizon Plus combined Internet and cable television service. He states that offering...