REIT Finds Refuge In Retail Offerings
- Windrose Medical Properties. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/12/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p33
Provides financial information on Indianapolis, Indiana-based Windrose Medical Properties Trust, a self-managed real estate investment trust that acquires, develops and manages medical properties. Shares of common stock outstanding as of January 5, 2004; Noteworthy shareholders; Executive...
- Stock offering sparks REIT growth. Murphy, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/23/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the real estate acquisitions of Indianapolis, Indiana-based Windrose Medical Properties Trust. Terms of the purchased made.
- REIT with Senior Housing Acquiring Medical Property Firm. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;9/25/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 50, p12
The article reports that in a major real estate investment trust sector merger in the U.S., Health Care REIT Inc. is acquiring Windrose Medical Properties Trust Inc. The combined company will have more than 550 properties in 37 states, gross real estate assets of about $4 billion and an...
- REIT Pulse. // National Real Estate Investor;Jul2001, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p29
Presents the leading real estate investment trusts of the United States based on their equity market capitalization as of June 13, 2001.
- Financing report. // Medical Device Daily;3/2/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 42, p2
This article reports on the decision of Health Care REIT to redeem all shares of its Series D cumulative redeemable preferred stock in April 2012.
- EPRA figures back case for Reit structure. // EuroProperty;2003, p8
Countries that have adopted tax-transparent property vehicles have seen their total market capitalization leap 830 percent since 1989, according to the European Public Real Estate Association (EPRA). Countries without a real estate investment trust-type vehicle saw a 28 percent fall. Speaking at...
- Board Independence, Ownership Structure and Performance: Evidence from Real Estate Investment Trusts. Ghosh, Chinmoy; Sirmans, C.F. // Journal of Real Estate Finance & Economics;Mar/May2003, Vol. 26 Issue 2/3, p287
Examines the impact of board composition and monitoring on the performance of Real Estate Investment Trusts. Details on the mandatory distribution of income limits free cash flow; Restrictions on source of income and asset structure; Problems in appointing independent directors on the corporate...
- Windrose portfolio grows. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/23/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 42, p16
Reports on the expansion program of health care real estate investment trust, Windrose Medical Properties Trust in Indianapolis, Indiana. Purchase of the Park Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina; Details of the company's acquisition pipeline; Deceleration of initial dividend to...
- Real estate can still deliver solid returns. Burg, Brad // Medical Economics;6/24/96, Vol. 73 Issue 12, p61
Presents an interview with Martin Cohen, co-founder of the Cohen & Steers Realty Shares fund, discussing the benefits of real estate investment trusts (REITs) or publicly traded companies investing in real estate holdings. Career and educational background of Cohen; Distinction of REITs from...