- PASS making charge to become a free channel. Gargaro, Paul // Crain's Detroit Business;11/18/96, Vol. 12 Issue 47, p36
Reports on efforts by PASS Sports' to convert its paid programming to free basic services in the Michigan and Ohio territory. Renegotiation of some of its affiliate agreements; Terms and conditions as they relate to the agreement Comments from PASS General Manager Jeff Genther.
- CanalSatellite adds sports channel to programming lineup. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/20/97, Vol. 127 Issue 43, p58
Announces the availability of a sports channel on CanalSatellite television network.
- ESPN: Flexing Its Marketing Muscle. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/23/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 21, p18
The article reports that ESPN has introduced new shows, reinforced its position, and brought out new technology for sports advertisers during its upfront presentation on May 17, 2011.
- Programming:. // CableFAX Daily;9/1/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 170, p2
The article presents updates on television programming in the U.S. OLN network will present 26 regular season of National Hockey League games in high definition television in 2006. Comcast's CN8 network has reached more than 9 million subscribers in the country. Some of the weekday evening...
- QUICK HITS. // Multichannel News;9/24/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 38, p64
The article presents news briefs concerning cable television in the United States. ESPN's "Monday Night Football" game on September 17, 2007 was the sports network's highest-rated telecast of 2007. HBO plans to develop a miniseries that aims to debunk all the conspiracy theories surrounding the...
- New sports net in San Diego. SM // Broadcasting & Cable;3/7/94, Vol. 124 Issue 10, p22
Reports on Prime Ticket Network's launching of a regional sports network for the San Diego, California market. Use of General Instrument's signal compression system; Built-in client base with the Los Angeles Prime Network already carried by nine major cable systems in the San Diego market;...
- Split decision on Bowe/Holyfield buys. McConville, Jim // Broadcasting & Cable;11/13/95, Vol. 125 Issue 46, p84
Reports on cable television network TVKO's pay-per-view coverage of the November 4, 1995, Riddick Bowe-Evander Holyfield boxing bout. Impact of Mike Tyson's withdrawal on the event's buy rates; Industry observers' comments.
- Changing the Game. Kelly, Richard // Broadcasting & Cable;06/19/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 26, p16A
Features CNN/SI, Cable News Network's sports news network. Subscription; Major sporting events aired by the network; Programming strategy.
- The Baseball Network steps to the plate. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p18
Reports on The Baseball Network's readiness to begin operations. Production and integration of 14 live simultaneous prime time Major League Baseball games; Logistic challenges.