- Is There Salt In Your Pepper? // Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter;Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p3
Focuses on the sodium content of some seasonings. Health impact of sodium; Sodium content of salt per teaspoon; Amount of sodium in seasonings from McCormick; Sodium content of some vegetables and herbs seasonings; Amount of sodium in pepper seasonings.
- McCormick reveals 2009's top flavor combos. // Progressive Grocer;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 88 Issue 1, p8
The article focuses on the latest annual list of the top 10 flavor pairings of 2009 released by spice provider McCormick & Co. For almost a decade, McCormick has offered a Flavor Forecast, based on the assessments of sensory analysts, chefs, trend experts, food technologists, restaurant chefs,...
- Hot shot. // Total Health;Apr96, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p61
Focuses on the debut of the cayenne pepper variety Charleston Hot into commercial market via two hot sauces.
- Pepper: The golden spice. Wirkner, Linda; Helton, David // Children's Digest;Oct/Nov94, Vol. 44 Issue 415, p10
Discusses the value of pepper in Europe during the Middle Ages. Pepper as an important part of the European diet; Difficulty in obtaining pepper in the Middle Ages; Areas where it is grown; Cost; Demand for pepper.
- Peppercorns. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;10/15/97, Vol. 96 Issue 20, p105
Provides information on peppers. History of pepper use; Varieties of pepper; Details on peppercorns. INSET: Ground pepper.
- The power of pepper. Cathcart, Marilyn // Cricket;Nov99, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p48
Discusses the role pepper played in history.
- Peppery ties to a pantry long past. Temple, Elizabeth // Christian Science Monitor;7/21/95, Vol. 87 Issue 165, p16
Presents author's view about her grandmother's pepper which used to adorn her Kitchen.
- Face Facts. Gates, Janise // Faces;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 26 Issue 9, p41
The article presents some facts related to pepper which is grown in many countries besides India.
- A Passage to India. Sietsema, Robert // Biography;Oct2001, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p100
Assesses the taste of Indian food. Misconception of Indian food as curries; Blend of food with different addictive flavors and spice; Recommendation of popular anglo-Indian dishes.