Learning the Ropes in the Modern-Day Cruise Industry
- Princess gets new UK sales boss. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/7/2013, Issue 3037, p14
The article announces the appointment of Alex White as head of sales at Princess Cruises Ltd.
- Princess's new sales head vows to be 'agent-centric'. Merrick, Hollie-Rae // Travel Weekly (UK);11/19/2015, Issue 2297, p25
The article announces the promotion of Rachel Poultney as vice president of sales at Princess Cruises Ltd.
- New sales manager at Princess Cruises. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;2/18/2016, p07
The article announces the appointment of Sarah Jane Walker as the new sales manager for the academy team and regional business at Princess Cruises.
- ATM reflects cruise industry's rebound. // Travel Talk-Middle East;Jun2014, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on the outcomes of the travel and tourism exhibition Arabian Travel Market (ATM) 2014 in Saudi Arabia cruise industry including the upgrade of the Mina Zayed Port in Abu Dhabi and Port Rashid in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
- In brief. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;9/24/2010, Issue 2928, p26
The article offers news briefs related to hospitality industry in Great Britain including a new luggage service being offered by Celebrity Cruises and Royal Caribbean, the launch of two North Cape voyages for 2011 onboard Crystal Serenity from Crystal Cruises, and the release of a mini Christmas...
- 'Discounting won't stop' // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;3/4/2011, Issue 2949, p10
The article reports on the prediction of Scottish Passenger Agents' Association (SPAA) president Brian Potter that cruise companies would still provide high commission to some travel agents despite the decision of Complete Cruise Solution to cut commission by 5 percent.
- Meet Tom Baker... CondÃ© Nast's Cruise Specialist. // Travel Agent;9/15/2008, Vol. 333 Issue 6, p13
An interview with Tom Baker, president at CruiseCenter is presented. When asked why does the CondÃ© Nast Traveler has named him as the Large Ship Specialist for 2008, he relates that the ships were his passion and he already inspected more than 200 ships and experienced managing more than 150...
- Viking to increase capacity by 40%. Griffiths, Sophie // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;6/4/2010, Issue 2915, p20
The article offers information on the business plan of Viking River Cruises Inc. to increase its cruise ships including eight new builds and two refurbishments.
- ON-BOARD THE PARADISE: Early bookings outpace fleet. Blank, Christine // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p78
Focuses on the warnings from travel industry experts about the risks of offending passengers when Carnival Cruise Liner introduced the first smoke-free cruise ship. Rate of bookings on Paradise ship; Reactions of the passengers regarding the smoke-free environment; Penalty imposed on people who...