- Barrera-Morales Fight Gets 300,000 PPV Buys. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p5
Reports the pay-per-view (PPV) of boxers Marco Antonio Barrera versus Eric Morales fight in Home Box Office hit channel. Gross buys of the fight; Role of Barrera on the success of the fight; Expectations on the performance of the fight; Success of the fight in drawing viewers.
- PLAYING TO A BIGGER AUDIENCE. Bowman, Jo // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;9/6/2002, p16
Focuses on the performance of the pay-television (pay-TV) industry in Asia. Recovery of the pay-TV distributors in the region; Impact of the World Cup in the region on the pay-TV subscribers; Marketing strategy of Home Box Office Inc.
- HBO going, going... Santo, Brian // CED;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p3
The author discusses how the cable television network HBO is losing business by not offering its HBO Go channel as a straight-up service and contends that many consumers do not want to subscribe to both a pay television service and to HBO.
- SVOD Could Use Help: Panel. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the increased popularity of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services at the Kagan, New York video-on-demand (VOD) summit. Reasons for skepticism of some producers about the reliability of SVOD; Breakup of SVOD programming offered by Home Box Office Inc.; Arguments for selling SVOD...
- Premium nets post rebound. // Daily Variety;3/20/2012, Vol. 314 Issue 56, p1
The article reports on the data from SNL Kagan which reveals the growth of pay television (TV) channels during the last quarter of 2011such as Home Box office Inc. (HBO), Showtime Networks Inc. and Starz Entertainment LLC.
- 'Last Round' goes to HBO. // Daily Variety;8/22/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 37, p6
The article reports on the U.S. pay television rights acquired by Home Box Office Inc. to the Chilean title "My Last Round," by Julio Jorquera.
- Passionate niches lead cabler to riches. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA19
The article focuses on the success of Home Box Office Inc.'s (HBO) pay-television programming in 2010 in the U.S.
- Hip Brit says cabler Dickens of a 'Home' // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA23
The article focuses on the author's thoughts about the Home Box Office Inc.'s (HBO) pay-television programming in the U.S.
- Encore, HBO step up SVOD plans. Umstead, R. Thomas; Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;03/13/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p8
Reports on Encore Media Group LLC and Home Box Office Inc.'s (HBO) plan to provide subscription video-on-demand services in the United States. Encore's partnership with ReplayTV Inc.; Potential expansion of the ReplayTV's programming; HBO service's offering of about 100 titles at any given time.