- Barrera-Morales Fight Gets 300,000 PPV Buys. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p5
Reports the pay-per-view (PPV) of boxers Marco Antonio Barrera versus Eric Morales fight in Home Box Office hit channel. Gross buys of the fight; Role of Barrera on the success of the fight; Expectations on the performance of the fight; Success of the fight in drawing viewers.
- PLAYING TO A BIGGER AUDIENCE. Bowman, Jo // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;9/6/2002, p16
Focuses on the performance of the pay-television (pay-TV) industry in Asia. Recovery of the pay-TV distributors in the region; Impact of the World Cup in the region on the pay-TV subscribers; Marketing strategy of Home Box Office Inc.
- Cable sag hits pay TV. // Daily Variety;9/6/2011, Vol. 312 Issue 41, p1
The article reports that the launched of HBO Go and "Game of Thrones" of Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. helped the company to make up for the decline in the subscription on their pay television program and cable program area.
- Series grab the headlines, but movies remain the steady player. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA17
The article focuses on the international expansion of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) which is said to be successful in pay television (TV) distribution of theatrical films in the U.S.
- Hip Brit says cabler Dickens of a 'Home' // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA23
The article focuses on the author's thoughts about the Home Box Office Inc.'s (HBO) pay-television programming in the U.S.
- HBO giving Brits passport to VOD. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/20/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 20, p50
The article reports on the launch of a British subscription voice-on-demand (VOD) service by Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. in Great Britain. The move is part of the global expansion program that aims to give HBO a branded product in each of the top 10 global markets. VOD rights to HBO content will...
- HBO Drives Charity Auto Racing Effort. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p16
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) will increase its pay-per-view (PPV) engines on June 8, 2011 for the 7th annual Prelude to the Dream, an automobile racing and charitable event which will begin from the Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio.
- HBO PPV Boxing Gets off the Canvas. // Multichannel News;9/12/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 34, p35
The article reports that the pay-per-view (PPV) boxing events of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) will return on September 17, 2011 after teaming up with cable and publishing outlets owned by Time Warner Inc.
- HBO going, going... Santo, Brian // CED;Apr2013, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p3
The author discusses how the cable television network HBO is losing business by not offering its HBO Go channel as a straight-up service and contends that many consumers do not want to subscribe to both a pay television service and to HBO.