- Barrera-Morales Fight Gets 300,000 PPV Buys. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;7/8/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 27, p5
Reports the pay-per-view (PPV) of boxers Marco Antonio Barrera versus Eric Morales fight in Home Box Office hit channel. Gross buys of the fight; Role of Barrera on the success of the fight; Expectations on the performance of the fight; Success of the fight in drawing viewers.
- PLAYING TO A BIGGER AUDIENCE. Bowman, Jo // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;9/6/2002, p16
Focuses on the performance of the pay-television (pay-TV) industry in Asia. Recovery of the pay-TV distributors in the region; Impact of the World Cup in the region on the pay-TV subscribers; Marketing strategy of Home Box Office Inc.
- SVOD Could Use Help: Panel. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;11/4/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 44, p2
Reports on the increased popularity of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services at the Kagan, New York video-on-demand (VOD) summit. Reasons for skepticism of some producers about the reliability of SVOD; Breakup of SVOD programming offered by Home Box Office Inc.; Arguments for selling SVOD...
- Series grab the headlines, but movies remain the steady player. Littleton, Cynthia // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA17
The article focuses on the international expansion of Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) which is said to be successful in pay television (TV) distribution of theatrical films in the U.S.
- Passionate niches lead cabler to riches. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA19
The article focuses on the success of Home Box Office Inc.'s (HBO) pay-television programming in 2010 in the U.S.
- Hip Brit says cabler Dickens of a 'Home' // Daily Variety;11/8/2010, Vol. 309 Issue 26, pA23
The article focuses on the author's thoughts about the Home Box Office Inc.'s (HBO) pay-television programming in the U.S.
- HBO boosts Czech, Slovak markets. // Advertising Age;4/7/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 14, p40
This article reports on the expansion of the reach and programming hours of Time Warner's Home Box Office (HBO) cable television in the Czech market through a satellite-delivery system. The cable television will also be entering the Slovak Republic for the first time. HBO offers three channels...
- HBO giving Brits passport to VOD. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;2/20/2007, Vol. 398 Issue 20, p50
The article reports on the launch of a British subscription voice-on-demand (VOD) service by Home Box Office (HBO) Inc. in Great Britain. The move is part of the global expansion program that aims to give HBO a branded product in each of the top 10 global markets. VOD rights to HBO content will...
- HBO Drives Charity Auto Racing Effort. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/16/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p16
The article reports that Home Box Office Inc. (HBO) will increase its pay-per-view (PPV) engines on June 8, 2011 for the 7th annual Prelude to the Dream, an automobile racing and charitable event which will begin from the Eldora Speedway in Rossburg, Ohio.