- STAN MAVIS NAMED PRESIDENT OF SUGOI. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Mar2006, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p15
The article reports that Stan Mavis has been named president of Sugoi Performance Apparel in March 2004. Mavis co-founded Pearl Izumi in the U.S., and held the titles of president and chairman for 12 years. He would be responsible for design and product development for apparel, accessories and...
- Leading the Cause. Walzer, Emily // SGB;Mar2006, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p20
The article focuses on the response of women consumers to marketing in the sporting goods industry in the U.S. Wilson's women's marketing effort was launched in 1998 with the introduction of a new gender-specific tennis shoe. Tubbs adopted a similar strategy a few years ago when the company...
- Feeling the Squeeze. Shea, Sarah Bowen // Runner's World;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p99
The article evaluates several commercial products including compression socks Smartwool PHD Graduated Compression Ultra Light from Smartwool Corp., compression socks Craft Cool from the company Craft USA, and compression socks Sugoi R+R Knee High from Sugoi Performance Apparel Ltd.
- GEAR QF THE YEAR. Bible, Aaron H. // SGB;Aug2013, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p40
The article offers brief information on several camping equipment including the Mountainsmith Parallax Pack backpack from Mountainsmith LLC, NeoShell Jacket from Sugoi Performance Apparel Ltd., and Gerber GDC Zip Tools from Gerber GDC.
- Cannondale and Pearl Izumi Sold. // Bicycling Australia;May/Jun2008, Issue 151, p28
The article reports on the acquisition of the sport clothes company Cannondale by the Montreal, Quebec-based Dorel Industries Ltd. which also includes the acquisition of Sugoi Performance Apparel. Cannondale have facilities in the U.S., Canada, Switzerland, Holland, Japan and Australia. Details...
- Stepping Out. Bouchard, Nancy // SGB;Feb2008, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p18
The article discusses the preference of consumers to buy performance socks under categories such as ecological friendly, technical, outdoor and casual and comfort gains with features including sustainable fibers, seamless toes, moisture-wicking properties, multiple densities of padding, and...
- Sporting retailers put up dukes. Strenge, Rob // Journal of Business (10756124);11/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 23, pA1
Reports the competition among sporting good retailers in the Southwestern States. Response of the small retailers towards the influx of large sporting companies; Types of products and services offered by the retailers; Advantage of knowledgeable employees in the sales of sporting goods.
- START BEFRIENDING YOUR CUSTOMERS AGAIN. // Dealernews;Jul2010, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p32
The article provides tips for sporting goods dealers on how to befriend their old customers again.
- The Evolution of Gender. Dzierzak, Lou // SGB;Mar2009, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p8
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on the "Women, Power and Money" report which shows marketers' perceptions of women may not be accurate and another on the way sporting goods brands and retailers approach women.