Last Days of The Lion King
- Ovitz to be tied. Kilday, Gregg // Entertainment Weekly;12/27/96, Issue 359/360, p60
Details the events which led up to Michael Ovitz's December 12, 1996 announcement that he was resigning as president of the Walt Disney Co. The relationship between Ovitz and Disney chairman, Michael Eisner; Ovitz's failures and successes.
- Ovitz and out at Disney. Masters, Kim // Time International (South Pacific Edition);12/23/96, Issue 52, p52
Details the departure of Michael Ovitz from Walt Disney Co. in December 1996. No truth to the rumors that Ovitz was to take over Sony; The ire of Michael Eisner over Ovitz's plans to work at Sony; The success of Disney in 1996; Details of Ovitz's severance package; Ovitz's career; His future plans.
- Power failure. Turner, Richard; Brown, Corie // Bulletin with Newsweek;12/24/96, Vol. 116 Issue 6052, p62
Profiles Hollywood dealmaker Michael Ovitz. Founding of the Creative Artists Agency; Decision to join Walt Disney Co.; Rejection of Ovitz by the Disney culture; How Ovitz's failure is a lesson in the exercise of power and the perils of image-making; His relationships with Disney's Michael...
- Power failure. Turner, Richard; Brown, Corie // Newsweek;12/23/1996, Vol. 128 Issue 26, p34
Reflects on Michael Ovitz's resignation in December 1996 as president of the Walt Disney Company. How power has changed hands at Disney since Michael Eisner took over in 1984; Ovitz's arrival at Disney following Jeffrey Katzenberg's departure from Disney; Michael Ovitz as a deal-maker; Apparent...
- Don't be like Mike. Bing, Stanley // Fortune International (Europe);12/13/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 11, p86
Comments on the broken relationship of Walt Disney Company Chief Executive Officer Michael Eisner, and the former Disney president he hired, and fired, Michael Ovitz. Analysis of their perceived personal relationship as solely based on business; Details of the court case concerning the severance...
- Don't be like Mike. Bing, Stanley // Fortune;12/13/2004, Vol. 150 Issue 12, p266
Comments on the broken relationship of Walt Disney CEO Michael Eisner, and the former Disney president he hired, and fired, Michael Ovitz. Analysis of their perceived personal relationship as solely based on business; Details of the court case concerning the severance package Ovitz received upon...
- Ovitz trial shows the games showbiz plays. Lowry, Brian // Daily Variety;11/17/2004, Vol. 285 Issue 34, p4
Comments on the trial of Walt Disney deputy executive Michael Ovitz. Recruitment and dismissal of Ovitz; Parallelism between the show business industry and bigtime sports; Ovitz's narrative about his Disney tenure; Negative impact of Ovitz tenure in Disney.
- Mickey's Fight Club. Ordoñez, Jennifer // Newsweek;11/29/2004, Vol. 144 Issue 22, p42
Reports on the trial regarding the significant severance package given to former Walt Disney Co. president Michael Ovitz following his firing just 15 months after he started with the company. Description of the strain between Ovitz and Disney CEO Michael Eisner; Details of the trial, expected to...
- Clash of the Titans? Brown, Corie // Newsweek;10/7/1996, Vol. 128 Issue 15, p83
Looks at rumors in Hollywood which suggest that Michael Eisner, chairman of the Walt Disney Company, and Michael Ovitz are not getting along. Ovitz's position as president of Disney; Ovitz lack of direct responsibility for any of the company's divisions; The issue of the title chief operating...