Q&A with Michael Schwimmer
- Spanish TV station primed. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;03/01/99, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the favorable performance of Spanish-language WXTV-41 in New York City during the February 1999 Nielsen television ratings. Increase in prime-time ratings beating WWOR's 4.0; Station owned by Univision Communications Inc.; Benefits from serving the fastest-growing ethnic community in...
- Q&A with Dennis McCauley. // Multichannel News;5/15/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p22
Interviews Dennis McCauley, co-president of sales at Spanish-language media giant Univision Communications Inc., about the issues arising from its decision to switch to the Nielsen Television Index (NTI) and its impending sale. Comments on the impression among media buyers at Hispanic agencies...
- Plug building niche. Stern, Andy // Daily Variety;4/12/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the success of the Plug TV channel, launched by RTL-TVi, by creating a niche in the French-language television market in Belgium.
- Putting On Brave Faces. Consoli, John; McClellan, Steve // Adweek;6/1/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 22, special section p8
The article examines the Spanish-language broadcast television networks Univision and Telemundo. The two companies are forecast to suffer a decline in television advertising sales in the "upfront" sales period for the 2009-2010 television season. Both networks had significant ratings success...
- Univision, Ratings Put Spin On Hispanic Upfront. Clemens, Luis // Multichannel News;5/15/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p19
Focuses on the outlook for the Hispanic television sector with the impending sale of Univision Communications Inc. and the move of Univision and Telemundo television networks from the Nielsen Hispanic Television Index to the Nielsen Television Index. Efforts of media buyers to oppose the use of...
- Univision bets big on news. La Fuente, Anna Marie De // Variety;8/29/2011, Vol. 424 Issue 3, p24
The article focuses on the Spanish-language television broadcasting company Univision. The company's plan to expand its television broadcasting of news and news programs, including the creation of a cable television news network by fall, 2012, is discussed. It is noted that television news...
- Upfront Sprints To Strong Start. Consoli, John // MediaWeek;6/3/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p4
Provides information on the status of the broadcast television market as of June 2002. Projection on the 2002 to 2003 upfront dollar volume and cost-per-thousand viewers rates; Reason for the earlier movement of the broadcast upfront in 2002 than in 2001; Categories driving the growth in the...
- In Reality, It Was the Weirdest Sweeps Ever. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;3/3/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the performance of different television broadcasting networks in the U.S. in February 2003. Achievement of top rating by CBS in the category of total viewers; Reasons for the poor performance of NBC; Improvement in the ratings of ABC in the adult category.
- Sweeps Reveal Broom at the Top. Adalian, Josef; Bierbaum, Tom // Variety;11/30/98, Vol. 373 Issue 3, p19
Reports on the ratings earned by television networks in 1998 in winning the 18-34 viewers. Percentage drop in the rate of television usage by the audience segment; Reason for the fall of the National Broadcasting Co. (NBC) from dominance in November 1998; Reason for the success of CBS Inc.