Q&A with Adrian Steckel
- Oz networks maneuver for upcoming season. Groves, Don // Variety;11/22/2004, Vol. 397 Issue 1, p28
Focuses on the rivalry between Seven, Nine and Ten web networks in Australia. Apology spoken by Seven chairman Kerry Strokes for the anticipated decline in ratings; Stance of Nine programming director Michael Healy on the issue; Television programs which will be shown by Ten in 2005.
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- ASK PROFESSOR PHIL. Hippensteel, Phil // AV Technology;Dec2014, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p10
The article provides an answer to a question on a struggle or problem in implementing Internet Protocol television (IPTV) wherein he encountered the issue of excessive broadcasting. INSET: Contemporary Research Ships Tuner.
- 333.2 million. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/25/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 20, p12
The article cites that 333.2 million subscribes to over-the-top video services worldwide.
- Taking the pain out of IPTV delivery. Berryman, Will // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep/Oct2007, Special section p30
The article discusses the business model that can be used in successfully deploying Internet Protocol television (IPTV) in the broadcast market. Broadcasters need to retain competitive edge over other media formats by focusing on rapid delivery of high-quality programming, as well as capturing...
- Proliferating Nets Chase Big Market. Hall, Lee // Television Week;3/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p12
Focuses on the growing Spanish-language television market in the U.S. in 2004. Lineup of new cable networks competing in the market; Characteristics of the Hispanic consumers group; Market share of Univision; Strategy of Telemundo on its programming.
- Plug building niche. Stern, Andy // Daily Variety;4/12/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the success of the Plug TV channel, launched by RTL-TVi, by creating a niche in the French-language television market in Belgium.
- Russia and Vietnam drive growth. // Telecom Asia;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on rise in the internet television (IPTV) subscription in Russia and Vietnam. Point Topic sees newly emerging markets such as Vietnam and Russia posting impressive annual rates in IPTV. Russian grew by 131% in 2011, making it into the top ten in terms of subscriber numbers...