Q&A with Dennis McCauley
- Q&A with Michael Schwimmer. // Multichannel News;5/15/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p24
Interviews SiTV CEO Michael Schwimmer about the role of English-language programming in the future of Hispanic television. Outlook for the 2006 upfront negotiations; Views on the idea that the Univision sale has had the unintended effect of increasing interest in English-language,...
- Plug building niche. Stern, Andy // Daily Variety;4/12/2004, Vol. 283 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the success of the Plug TV channel, launched by RTL-TVi, by creating a niche in the French-language television market in Belgium.
- STAR OF 'SABADO' REIGNS ON UNIVISION. Hall, Lee // Television Week;3/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p12
Deals with the long-term success of Univision Network's Spanish-language television program "Sabado Gigante," hosted by Mario Kreutzberger in the U.S. Comments from Kreutzberger; Average number of its viewers; Features of the program.
- INTEGRATION OPPS FUEL HISPANIC NETS' GROWTH. Ruiz-Velasco, Laura Martinez // Advertising Age;5/14/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 20, pS-10
The article discusses the role product integration advertising and cross platform advertising, which features television advertising and Internet, wireless and magazine ads, will have in Spanish language television stations, including Univision and Telemundo, in 2007. A discussion of several...
- The Empire Service comes full circle. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/4/2005, Vol. 49 Issue 44, p4
Focuses on the plan of BBC World Service to launch an Arabic-language television (TV) channel in 2007. Factor that prompted the move; Advantages of the company; Aim of the TV service; Strategy to be used in launching the network.
- LATV's Strategic Shift. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;5/4/2009, Vol. 139 Issue 18, p14
The article reports on the move of LATV., a Hispanic digital channel owned by LATV Co., of adopting more Spanish-language shows in the U.S. Danny Crowe, president of LATV, stresses that the ratings played a significant role of the channel decision to shift to more Spanish-language shows. It also...
- Bilingual Duopolies Redefine Big NBC Stations. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;9/8/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 36, p34
Reports on the efforts of NBC television stations to redefine themselves in bilingual duopolies. Statement issued by Larry Wert, general manager of WMAQ-TV of NBC and Telemundo's WSNS(TV) in Chicago, Illinois; Significance of bilingualism promoted by the duopolies; Information on the American...
- BBC hopes French clock into 'Office' Clarke, Steve // Daily Variety;2/10/2006, Vol. 290 Issue 30, p10
The article reports that BBC Worldwide Ltd. has licensed "Le bureau," the first foreign-language version of the downbeat laffer to Canal Plus SA in France. According to BBC Worldwide format topper Colin Jarvis, he will be watching closely to see how the humor and interaction between the...
- Proliferating Nets Chase Big Market. Hall, Lee // Television Week;3/29/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 13, p12
Focuses on the growing Spanish-language television market in the U.S. in 2004. Lineup of new cable networks competing in the market; Characteristics of the Hispanic consumers group; Market share of Univision; Strategy of Telemundo on its programming.