SHALOM TV BETS ON VOD
- Looking Online For Audiences, Revenue. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p32
The article discusses the use of Internet and mobile video by religious cable television networks in order to attract viewers. Christian consumers are more likely to have access to Internet, use electronic mail and visit a Web site compared to the general population, according to a spring 2005...
- Spreading the Word. Kridel, Tim // Multichannel News;5/8/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 19, p30
The article discusses the measures being taken by programmers of faith-based cable television networks to attract new viewers and keep the core viewers. Broadband portals and original programming are among the tactics networks are trying to eliminate stereotypes and broaden audiences. Many...
- Levin: video-on-demand a go at HBO. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;06/07/2001, Vol. 272 Issue 4, p34
Reports on the plans of Home Box Office (HBO) to launch an HBO video-on-demand (VOD) subscription service in the United States. Features of the venture; Assembly of the rights to start the VOD channel; Implementation of the involvement of studios and others selling programming to the network.
- HBO to Launch SVOD in South Carolina. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/11/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p177
Reports the launching of subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) services by Home Box Office (HBO) in the United States. Efforts of several companies in launching SVOD; Price range of the services; Plans of Adelphia Communications Corp. to offer SVOD services.
- VOD Sea Change. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/10/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 28, p20
The article reports on the planned launch of a new video-on-demand (VOD) promotion by Scripps Networks to offer its top-rated shows on-demand, rather than library content in the U.S. Prior to its planned launch, Scripps has been offering utility player library fare on VOD instead of its popular...
- Hallmark Reputation. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;8/24/2001, Vol. 42 Issue 34, p4
Focuses on the launching of the introductory advertising campaigns of Hallmark Channel in the United States. Context of the campaign entitled 'Surgeon' directed by Jim Jenkens; Quality of the commercials launched by Hallmark; Impact of the video on demand on advertisers; Challenges faced by...
- Research:. // CableFAX Daily;5/2/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 85, p2
Highlights the results of a study on cable programming in the U.S., conducted by Arbitron. Percentage of respondents who stated that basic cable networks should be able to air whatever programming they want; Information on video-on-demand format; Impact of the study on the cable industry.
- Subscribing to SVOD. // Multichannel News;05/08/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p104
Interviews John Billock, president of Home Box Office cable television network, regarding subscription video-on-demand (SVOD). Schedule of launch of SVOD services; Consumer demand for SVOD; Views on cable operators' willingness to devote bandwidth to SVOD.
- VOD Redux: America's Next Top Model? // CableFAX Daily;11/9/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 218, p1
The article presents updates on the cable television industry in the U.S. as of November 2005. Comcast has formed a video-on-demand deal with CBS. The chairman of MediaCom proposed that multi-service operators should impose charges for their services to increase revenue.