HR Helps Build First U.S.-based LEGOLAND Theme Park
- LEGO ROBOT DESIGNER. Brimmer, Stephanie Warren // Science World;9/7/2015, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p12
An interview with Lee Magpili, robot designer at toy manufacturer LEGO Group in Billund, Denmark, about how he got his job at the company, the Gyroboy balancing robot project, and his inspirations in creating LEGO products is presented.
- Building markets one brick at a time. Gerardi, Dave // Playthings;Jul2002, Vol. 100 Issue 7, p48
Interviews Andrew Black, president of the toy company Lego. Company's membership in the American Specialty Toy Retailing Association (ASTRA); Distinction between the specialty and mass customer; Signing of a deal with the National Basketball Association (NBA) to merchandise products; Popularity...
- Peter Espersen, head of co-creation, LEGO, on "higher values" than just selling products. // Marketing Week (Online Edition);6/30/2014, p11
The article presents a video interview with Peter Espersen, head of co-creation at Danish toy manufacturer of the Lego brand, on his thoughts about how doing more than merely pushing products can lead to success.
- Not Just Child's Play. Holbrook, Emily // Risk Management (00355593);Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p16
An interview with Hans LÇ£ssÃ¸e, senior director of strategic risk management for Lego Gruppe is presented on how the toy company is playing well with risks in Denmark. When asked how Lego became a champion in risk management discipline, he has been given time and resources to develop risk...
- Rebuilding LEGO. // License! Europe;Nov/Dec2006, p24
This article presents an interview with CEO Lego Group Jorgen Vig Knudstorp. The biggest challenge he faces is bringing back the toy business using the back to basic strategy focusing on the company's core product. Knudstorp believes on keeping the globally-known brand ahead in the consumers...
- Brand manager of the week. // Marketing (00253650);7/30/2008, p71
An interview with Tara Heath, brand manager at Lego Group, is presented. When asked about her concept of a good brand manager, she explained that he or she has a good balance of insight, creativity and commercial understanding. He said that she wanted to commission an advertisement campaign as...
- New Lego dollhouses aim to attract girls. // Advertising Age International;Jan/Feb97, pI2
Reports on biggest European toy company Lego's launch of Lego Scala, its most expensive product and the first to target girls.
- News in Pictures. // Design Week (Online Edition);2/21/2012, p2
The article reports that as part of its Lego Architecture range, toy manufacturer Lego Group has released the Sydney Opera House kits.
- Lego Park gets leg up from Carlsbad voters. Schwab, Dave // San Diego Business Journal;6/13/94, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p1
Reports on Carlsbad voters' support for the Denmark-based Lego Group's plan for the children's theme park called Lego Family Park. Pro-Lego group, Citizens Advocating Responsible Environmental and Economic Solutions; Opposition group, Neighbors Involved in Carlsbad's Future; Larger project...