TITLE

So how do I source healthy products?

AUTHOR(S)
Cobe, Patricia
PUB. DATE
March 2006
SOURCE
FoodService Director;3/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, Special Section p11
SOURCE TYPE
Trade Publication
DOC. TYPE
Interview
ABSTRACT
The article presents an interview with Jay Friedlander, COO of O'Naturals fastfood chain. When asked about the kinds of food they source, Friedlander explains that they focus on flavor first, but the ingredients have to be all-natural or organic. He adds that the current mix is about 30 percent organic, local or wild with the other 70 percent from products with no artificial colors or flavors and no irradiation.
ACCESSION #
20250045

 

Related Articles

  • A New Culture OF FAST FOOD.  // Dairy Field;Jun2002, Vol. 185 Issue 6, p26 

    Features O'Naturals, a natural fast food restaurant established by Stonyfield Farm Chief Executive Officer Gary Hirshberg in Maine. Demand of modern families for fast foods; Influence of pace of life on food selection.

  • VEGGIE-BURGER KINGS. Fenn, Donna // Inc.;Nov2001, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p42 

    Focuses on the business model of O'Naturals, a chain of natural/organic fast food restaurants in the United States. Target demographic; Average daily revenue of a store; Menu offered; Strategy in marketing.

  • Restaurant Chains Slow Down Fast Food. Deines, Tina // Mother Earth News;Oct/Nov2005, Issue 212, p22 

    This article reports on the growing popularity of organic fast-food restaurants in the U.S. as of October 2005. In April, a small chain in the Northeast called O'Naturals opened its fourth store in Somerville, Massachusetts. The franchise, which opened its first restaurant in 2001, is the idea...

  • TODAY'S SPECIALS. Blanket, Christine // SN: Supermarket News;Spring2008 Whole Health Supplement, Vol. 56, p57 

    The article reports on additional venues launched by O'Naturals, a quick-service restaurant concept built around organic foods. It is opening a location inside the corporate headquarters of Hannaford Bros. in Portland, Maine. The opening is a direct result of O'Naturals' recent agreement with...

  • PICK UP STIX. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;1/31/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p166 

    This article reports that the direction of Pick Up Stix, the 100-unit Asian fast-casual division of Carlson Restaurants Worldwide, is likely to change under new leadership appointed earlier this month. Jeff Warne, who formerly was executive vice president and chief operating officer of CRW's...

  • Raving Brands plots expansion for eight dining concepts. Knight, Molly // Shopping Centers Today;Jul2006, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p36 

    The article reports on the competitive expansion strategies of the Atlanta, Georgia-based restaurant conglomerate Raving Brands. The company hopes to respond to demands for fast-casual food with the offer of a wide range of cuisines. It plans to expand its eight brands by about 25 percent...

  • More Healthful Options at Fast Food.  // Dairy Foods;Jan2007, Vol. 108 Issue 1, p26 

    The article reports that Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc., a quick service restaurant chain has inaugurated its first food store in Boston. It refers to an article published by the Boston Globe regarding the quick service restaurants and discussing healthy food. Information on the restaurants Boloco...

  • Cancer Project Names Worst 'Gourmet' Burgers.  // Good Medicine;Spring2010, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p16 

    The article presents five worst gourmet burgers sold by fast-food chains as named by organization The Cancer Project which includes burgers from Wendy's, Carl's Jr., and Burger King that contain ingredients associated with cancer risk.

  • Making it on his own dough. Mortland, Shannon // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p2 

    Focuses on the plans of former Little Caeser's Pizza franchisor George Chamoun for Oven Fresh Pizza fast food restaurants in Ohio. Implementation of an expanded menu, pizza ingredients and business model; Factors driving Chamoun to make the changes; Features of the business model.

Share

Read the Article

Courtesy of VIRGINIA BEACH PUBLIC LIBRARY AND SYSTEM

Sorry, but this item is not currently available from your library.

Try another library?
Sign out of this library

Other Topics