Walking Into a Firestorm, Without End
- McSlarrow Brings Energy to the NCTA. // Multichannel News;4/4/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p50
Interviews Kyle McSlarrow, president of the National Cable & Telecommunications Association, on his job. Attitude towards his job; Reason for gravitating towards the cable industry; Response to the indecency challenge.
- He's Stargazing Into Cable's Busy 2004. Faust, Jim // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p45
Predicts the technologies and issues that will emerge in the U.S. cable television industry in 2004. Resolution of the media ownership regulation; Adoption of Wi-Fi technology; Entry of computer-industry leaders in the market.
- VOLUME CONTROL. // Multichannel News;2/6/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p14
Presents comments from readers on issues and events related to the multi-channel communication industry in the U.S. Move of DirecTV that would make it a formidable competitor of EchoStar; High cost of WiMax spectrum in the U.S.; Explanation that wireless speed will make wireless offerings by...
- Legal Issues Concerning Cable Television: The Greek Case. Iosifidis, Petros C.; Kiki, Joanna P. // Communications & the Law;Jun2000, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p5
Examines several issues concerning cable television (TV). Historical development of cable TV; Potential of cable TV; Legal delimitation of the medium; Access to cablecasting time with reference to Greek legal order.
- Cable Picture Looks Sharper For 2001, Especially Top Names. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the positive outlook for the cable television industry for the year 2001.
- TR!O Breaks Boundaries and Builds a Cult Following. Kokernak, Michael // Response;Aug2003, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p7
Features the cable network, TR!O. Growth of TR!O's net ad revenue in 2003; Services offered; TR!O's budget for programming costs.
- Madison, Wis. Wang, Karissa S. // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p6
Presents information about the state of the cable television broadcasting industry in Madison, Wisconsin as of February 26, 2001. Optimism of station managers that the market has a healthy economy and local advertising is up; Total amount in cable television revenues expected to be generated by...
- Looking for a Prediction? I'll Give You Ten of Them. Kagan, Paul // Cable World (10427228);9/23/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p18
Comments on the possible improvement of cable television broadcasting. Plan of the National Football League for a cable option for football games; Advances in cable television receivers and recorders.
- Let's get digital. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR28
Discusses the status of the cable television industry with the launching of high-technology services as of June 2001. Views on the customer services of cable operators; Popularity of digital cable; Information on video-on-demand; Importance of digital and high-speed data. INSET: Smooth operators.