Lust For Life
- Feel Good All Over. Mariano, Myron // Organic Spa Magazine;May/Jun2010, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p80
The article reports that half of the purchase price of every organic cotton T-shirt sold by Colorado-based Internet apparel store is given to five organizations that the company supports.
- Fashion Delivers Seeks Home Textiles Donations. // Home Textiles Today;11/5/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p2
The article offers information on the textile donation of the Home Fashion Products Association (HFPA), an association for companies involved in the home fashion products industry, to the families devastated by Hurricane Sandy in the U.S.
- Bopping In Berlin. Stone, Susan // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/8/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 50, p19A
The article offers information on various events during the Fashion's Night Out in Berline, Germany. It states that during the event Mercedes-Benz will provide transportation for very important persons (VIP) as well as 900 Vogue subscribers. It adds that a Vogue-designed tote bag will be sold at...
- Outdoor industry executives roll up their sleeves to help communities. // WSA: Performance & Sports Materials;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that 300 executives from outdoor apparel companies will aid on community projects of charity groups including Middlesex Falls Reservation, Thompson Island Outward Bound Education Center, and Franklin Park Zoo as part of the OIA Rendezvous conference.
- Charities face an efficiency dilemma. James, David // BRW;05/11/98, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p71
Reports on how many Australian charities are not achieving appropriate financial returns from their secondhand clothing donations. Comments from Brian Cammerman of the consultancy, Cammerman & Associates; Charities not taking full financial advantage of the donations; Description of how the...
- Adina Belloli: 'I want tangible results.'. Wiggins, Kaye // Third Sector;6/8/2010, Issue 618, p15
The article reports on the vow by Adina Belloli, owner of the Little Lunalu kids clothing firm, to donate 5% of her company's earnings even before it becomes profitable.
- The Shirt off Your Back. Lange, Karen E. // National Geographic;Sep2005, Vol. 208 Issue 3, preceding p2
Focuses on the clothing trade in Africa. Sale of surplus clothing donations by nonprofit charities to for-profit exporters, leading to a lot of clothing cast away by Americans into the African market; Observation that an influx in used-clothing imports is changing the appearance of Africans;...
- WWD THURSDAY: Sportswear/Men's. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/27/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 43, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the clothing industry. Cost reductions and booming sales in its European operations have lifted Guess Inc.'s sales and earnings during the second quarter of 2009. Nike Inc. brought some tennis stars in Manhattan to preview their U.S. Open attire and...
- Fur Sales Soar--Even Secondhand. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/5/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the increase in sales of fur clothing at Housing Works in New York City. Number of coats sold in December 2004; Information on the auctions being made for the fur garments; Charitable contributions of the company.