Five Year Anniversary Cell-ebration
- Lucas Varity wins one, loses one. // Ward's Auto World;Nov98, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p10
Focuses on LucasVarity Automotive company. Information on the class-action lawsuit filed by the employees of LuscasVarity; Amount paid by the company to its former employees as ordered by the Wayne County Circuit Court jury; Contract won by the company.
- Watching the wheels go round. // Automotive Engineer;Apr99, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p19
Reports the launching of the Active Micro Sensor, a miniaturized wheel speed sensor by LucasVarity Automotive Control Systems. Design specifications; Product offering; Workability.
- Detroit was logical choice for new LucasVarity unit. Sherefkin, Robert // Automotive News;9/14/1998, Vol. 73 Issue 5784, p22L
Focuses on the factors which encouraged LucasVarity PLC to base its automotive business, LucasVarity Automotive company, in suburban Detroit, Michigan. Reason Livonia, Michigan was chosen as headquarters for LucasVarity Automotive; Information on the sales of LucasVarity Automotive; Comments...
- Global digest: Euro watch. Dodds; Price, Lynn Strongin // Treasury & Risk Management;Jul99, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p25
Focuses on euro usage by LucasVarity Automotive company in London, England. Demand of distribution chains to produce a euro price list for the company products; Advantages and disadvantages of euro usage; Establishment of Economic and Monetary Union steering committee; Adoption of the...
- Strength in agility. Wilks, Neil // Professional Engineering;04/05/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p34
Reports on car companies' adoption of cellular manufacturing strategies as of April 5, 2000. Background on cellular manufacturing technology; Impact on the industry. INSET: Car plants may stop thinking in straight lines..
- Employees win suit against supplier. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;10/19/98, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p38
Highlights the jury verdict in the class-action lawsuit filed against LucasVarity Automotive. Back vacation pay owed by the company to its employees; Case background; Reaction of key company officials regarding the verdict.
- Auto rearrangement. Sherefkin, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;08/31/98, Vol. 14 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the consolidation and relocation of three units of London, England-based Lucas Varity plc, to form LucasVarity Automotive company in Livonia, Michigan. When the consolidation of the divisions into LucasVarity will become effective; Expected global sales; Comments from Nicholas Jones,...
- Kia decision is a setback but not a disaster for Poland. Frink, Lyle // Automotive News Europe;3/8/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p3
Assesses the impact of the decision of Kia to build an assembly plant in Slovakia rather than in Kobierzyc, Poland. Reasons behind the decision to prefer Slovakia over Poland; Impact of the decision on the automobile industry; Manufacturers that have assembly plants in Poland.
- Designs turn shifter into a winner. Miel, Rhoda // Automotive News;8/15/2005, Vol. 79 Issue 6161, p46
The article reports on Dura Automotive Systems Inc.'s business strategy. Dura is building the first gearshift system in Fremont, Michigan and shipping it to Hermosillo, Mexico, for the Lincoln Zephyr sedan. Dura revitalized the business by creating a universal core base for each gearshift. Dura...