ESPN'S LATEST LAND GRAB: Sports Giant Invades the Mobile Realm
- A small glimmer of hope for ITV as advertisers to detect bargains. Snoddy, Raymond // Marketing (00253650);11/15/2001, p18
Comments on the advertising performance of ITV in Great Britain. Factor influencing advertisers to withdraw its contract from ITV; Projection on the loss in the television football rights; Comparison between the performance of Digital and ITV Sport.
- Sports Teams Have Sold Out to the Advertisers. Morgan, Tom // Business Journal (Central New York);4/18/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p27
Reports on the percentage of advertisements in television broadcasts of sports. On-screen quiz; Television network promotions; Commercialization of television on sports.
- Olympics advertising. // Electronic Media;11/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 46, p6
Presents information on advertising in the United States during television coverage of the 2000 Olympic Games. Top advertisers in terms of public perception; Top advertisers in terms of Olympics-related advertising expenditures.
- Tournament broadcasts promise little ad revenue. Csonka, �gnes // Budapest Business Journal;6/3/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 26, p6
Report the decrease of revenue from advertising of Hungarian Television Rt during the 2002 Federation of International Football Associations Soccer World Cup in South Korea and Japan. Value of broadcast to games during weekdays; Prediction of broadcast advertising during weekend schedule of...
- Turning gold into green. Brockinton, Langdon // MediaWeek;08/04/97, Vol. 7 Issue 30, p14
Presents updates on sports advertising deals with television networks in the United States as of August 1997. Includes General Motors Corp.'s $900 million deal with the United States Olympic Committee and the National Broadcasting Co.; CBS Inc.'s deal with Domino's, Kentucky Fried Chicken...
- X Games score big with advertisers. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p2
Reports that television advertising spots for the airing of the X Games 2001 from August 17 to 22 has already been sold out at undiscounted rates. Return of the so-called gold and associate sponsors from the previous year event; Reasons behind the popularity of the action-sports game among...
- Whole new ad ballgame. Erhardt, Ed // Electronic Media;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p10
Comments on billing discrepancies in the sports television advertising industry in the United States. Characteristics of people who watch sports; Factors that conspire to make the placement of ads difficult to predict with any certainty; Efforts to improve the efficiency and accuracy of billing...
- Nike kicks big 3 nets for rejecting soccer ad. Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;5/12/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 19, p1
Discusses the controversy surrounding a Nike advertisement criticizing the big three broadcast television networks. The rejection of the ad by all three networks; The protest over television sports' prejudice against soccer.
- COMCAST SPORTSNET PROVIDES THE LOCAL ANGLE. Curry, Sheree R. // Television Week;1/26/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the incorporation of the Comcast Advertising Sales for Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic to boost the convenience of local cable sports advertising in the area as of January 2004. Broadcast rights owned by the network in the Mid-Atlantic states; Estimate on the number of Comcast...