Stacking the Deck
- Earnings Reports. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;10/31/2008, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p6
This section offers news briefs on the financial performance of several sporting goods companies. Same store sales at Brown Shoe Company Inc. for its Famous Footwear division has decreased by 7.3%. Third quarter of 2008 sales for Deckers Outdoor Corporation is forecast to increase by 51% over...
- Positive Signs. Leand, Judy // SGB;Jan2007, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p26
The article looks at footwear designs for Fall 2007. According to the article, one of the most significant trends in causal outdoor footwear is an intensified focus on eco-friendly materials and manufacturing processes. Teva's Ryley shoe is made from recycled materials. Natural materials and...
- News Briefs. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;2/3/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p5
This section offers news briefs related to the sporting goods industry. Deckers Outdoor Corp. will acquire outdoor footwear brand Ahnu and Deckers has already entered a definitive agreement for the deal. A record amount of $1,164,329 has been raised by Finish Line for the Finish Line Youth...
- Financial News. // NSGA Athletic Footwear News;3/31/2009, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p5
The article presents news briefs on the financial performance of sporting good companies as of March 31, 2009. Adidas Group posted revenue increase during the fourth quarter of 2008. Revenues of Brown Shoe Co. Inc. for the fourth quarter has decreased by 8.8%. Deckers Outdoor Corp. posted an...
- Taking the Lead. Sullivan, Mark // SGB;Aug2004, Vol. 37 Issue 8, p6
Discusses the importance of leadership to the progress of the sporting goods industry in the U.S. Suggestion on the promotion of industry leader candidates through trade shows; Proposed key questions for the leadership debate; Issues concerning the industry that should be discussed.
- A silver lining in the battle against foot odour. // Canadian Mining Journal;Oct2001, Vol. 122 Issue 6, p6
Provides information on the use of a silver-based anti-microbial compound in the TevaÂ® footwear products marketed by Deckers Outdoor Group. Key features; Benefit of the footwear in preventing foot odor.
- Deckers initiates agency search. Dawson, Angela; Kelly, Jane Irene // Adweek Western Edition;04/20/98, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p3
Reveals Deckers Outdoor Corp.'s plans to conduct an advertising agency review. Estimated billings in the account; Brands to be advertised by the company.
- Booty Call. Higgins, Pamm // Los Angeles Magazine;Oct2001, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p74
Provides information on the Ugg boots. Description of the boots; Background on the creation of the boots; Ugg boots sales of Deckers Outdoor Corp. in 2000.
- Step It Up. // Salt Water Sportsman;Feb2005, Vol. 66 Issue 2, p32
Features the Granada deck shoes from Teva.