High-Yield Sage Resurfaces in Mutual Funds
- Research shows rumors of capacity problems are greatly exaggerated. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;9/5/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p30
This article reports that a new research finds that hedge fund managers should have at least 30 years of comfortable growth and plenty of spare capacity now. The study notes the rapid growth of hedge funds as an asset class has inevitably created concerns about just how large the total market...
- Invesco revises pessimistic market forecasts upwards. // EuroProperty;11/2/2009, p6
The article reports that Invesco Ltd. has revised pessimistic market forecasts, saying that most markets will generate higher returns.
- Muted gains and losses for most in equity market-neutral and quant. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article reports that hedge funds Watamar COL was up 2.78 percent, while Blau Capital gained 2.20 percent and Mojna Alpha Leveraged was up 1.94 percent.
- Hedges, Real And Imaginary. Sogoloff, Dimitri // Financial Planning;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p79
Focuses on the convergence strategies that can be used by financial planners in managing market-neutral or hedge funds. Explanation on market-neutral or hedge funds; Information on the convertible bond arbitrage; Details on risk or merger arbitrage; Explanations on corporate arbitrage; Major...
- Portfolio managers likely to stay put in '02. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;1/7/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p2
Reports the increase of the recruitment of investment managers in the United States. Effort of portfolio management companies to improve performance of strategies; Trend toward asset retention; Demand for hedge fund investments.
- Fairfax Hears from Hedge Fund Finalists. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;1/21/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the search of the Educational Employees' Supplementary Retirement System of Fairfax County (ERFC) for investment management firms that will oversee its hedge fund-of-funds mandate. Investment advisors being considered by the plan include Crestline Investors, GAM...
- Experience counts for more than hype. // Fund Strategy;10/29/2007, p3
The author reflects on the emergence of 130/30 fund in Great Britain. The 130/30 fund is a quasi hedge fund that allows managers to be 100% long in the market of their choosing and hold a certain percentage of the fund in companies they do not like. The author believed that investing in this...
- Bivium opens shop. // Pensions & Investments;8/4/2003, Vol. 31 Issue 16, p34
Bivium Capital Partners, a new fund-of-funds manager focused on emerging managers, plans to launch separate accounts for small-cap equities, hedge funds, international equities and private equities, said Lester E. Hollis, president and chief executive officer. The firm teamed up with S3 Asset...
- Everyone's a seeder, baby. Osborne, Simon // Asian Investor;Jul2010, p38
The article discusses the move to seed hedge fund managers in Hong Kong, China. It states that hedge funds are needing extra boost of capital and ready in bringing in a seeder. It notes that taking shares in the management company is not something that a hedge fund manager likes because it costs...