High-Yield Sage Resurfaces in Mutual Funds
- Research shows rumors of capacity problems are greatly exaggerated. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;9/5/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p30
This article reports that a new research finds that hedge fund managers should have at least 30 years of comfortable growth and plenty of spare capacity now. The study notes the rapid growth of hedge funds as an asset class has inevitably created concerns about just how large the total market...
- Invesco revises pessimistic market forecasts upwards. // EuroProperty;11/2/2009, p6
The article reports that Invesco Ltd. has revised pessimistic market forecasts, saying that most markets will generate higher returns.
- Muted gains and losses for most in equity market-neutral and quant. // Euro Hedge;3/16/2015, p1
The article reports that hedge funds Watamar COL was up 2.78 percent, while Blau Capital gained 2.20 percent and Mojna Alpha Leveraged was up 1.94 percent.
- Hedges, Real And Imaginary. Sogoloff, Dimitri // Financial Planning;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p79
Focuses on the convergence strategies that can be used by financial planners in managing market-neutral or hedge funds. Explanation on market-neutral or hedge funds; Information on the convertible bond arbitrage; Details on risk or merger arbitrage; Explanations on corporate arbitrage; Major...
- Everyone's a seeder, baby. Osborne, Simon // Asian Investor;Jul2010, p38
The article discusses the move to seed hedge fund managers in Hong Kong, China. It states that hedge funds are needing extra boost of capital and ready in bringing in a seeder. It notes that taking shares in the management company is not something that a hedge fund manager likes because it costs...
- Portfolio managers likely to stay put in '02. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;1/7/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p2
Reports the increase of the recruitment of investment managers in the United States. Effort of portfolio management companies to improve performance of strategies; Trend toward asset retention; Demand for hedge fund investments.
- Choice investments. Codding, Jamey // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug2000, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p70
Gives advice on choosing between a commodity trading advisor (CTA), commodity pool operator (CPO) and hedge fund managers. Consideration of size of money to be invested; Flexibility of investing with an experienced CTA; Inability to choose brokerage firms when dealing with a CPO; Investment in...
- Fairfax Hears from Hedge Fund Finalists. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;1/21/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
The article reports on the search of the Educational Employees' Supplementary Retirement System of Fairfax County (ERFC) for investment management firms that will oversee its hedge fund-of-funds mandate. Investment advisors being considered by the plan include Crestline Investors, GAM...
- Now might be the time to re-invest in hedge funds. // Asian Investor;Dec2008, p51
The article reports on the assertion of Gam's multi-manager Asian product head, London, England-based Kier Boley, that 2009 seems to be the best time to allocate to hedge funds. Boley claimed that the only good thing on a bear market, is its ability to separate the good from the mediocre through...