Convergence's Deafening Definitions
- Focus on Verticals. Stepanek, Laura E. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2007, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p13
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the article titled "Vertical Market Leaders" and another on the corporate profiles of leaders in healthcare, retail, and property management.
- Security Officers Today Differ From Your Grandfather's Officers. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar1999, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p77
Describes the characteristics of modern security officers. Responsibilities; Pro-active management; Billing rates; Outsourcing trends.
- Legislation and Training Among CAA Efforts. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p42
Reports that the California Alarm Association (CAA) sponsored the Industry Summit and keynote address at the 1999 International Security Conference. Range of industry issues and concerns discussed during the conference; Programs implemented by the CAA for the industry.
- Tough Touch MESH Installed in Las Vegas. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2004, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p28
Reports that Viscount has received orders for its flagship product, the Tough Touch version of its MESH system, to be installed at security gates in Las Vegas, Nevada. Reason for making the product attractive for vandal-prone commercial buildings and internationally targets industrial and...
- Training focus to help you make that next career step. // International Fire & Security Product News;Aug2004, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p14
Previews the Securex 2004 seminar for the security management profession to be held on October 12 to 14 in London, England. Topics; Highlights of the Career Focus session; Participants.
- Cashing in on in security. Subramanian, Anusha // Business Today;2/8/2009, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p39
The article discusses the impact of the terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India to the security systems industry. Indian companies in the security space are moving with high-tech products and services and specialized solutions to secure cities, states, businesses and organisations. Moreover, it cites...
- Biometrics is shaping the future of security. Corral, Diego // Caribbean Business;8/19/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 35, pP18
Reports on the business performance of electronic security firm provider North West Security Management in Aguada, Puerto Rico. Initiative to market biometric services; Offering of a computer mouse with biometric security to limit access to information databases; Use of biometric security...
- Attendees Take In Sights and Sounds of ISC/Las Vegas. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p36
Focuses on the International Security Conference (ISC) Expo held in Las Vegas, Nevada in March 1999. Major activities; Exhibitors who took part in the conference; Security industry personalities who participated in the event.
- Tame Your Firm's Financial Rascals. Zimmerman, Susan; Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jul2002, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p15
Discusses the significance of identification of money personalities by security businesses that steer the company's financial decisions. Representation of money personalities that drive organizational spending habits; Effect of identification of money personalities on an organization's growth;...