S&P's future plans: Expansion, greater overseas presence
- Miami Rising. Murphy, Gavin // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p33
Focuses on the financial operating results of Miami, Florida, and the liquidity of the city as of December 13, 2001. Reason for the city's performance according to the financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.; Decline in Miami's tourism industry highlighted; Financial position of the...
- S&P Outlook Negative On Commercial Lines. Partridge, Robert; Sharma, Vandana; Coyle, Matthew // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;05/03/99, Vol. 103 Issue 18, p6
Provides information on the near-term outlook of Standard & Poor's (S&P) for the property-casualty insurance industry of the United States. Why S&P has a negative outlook for the industry; Statutory pretax return on revenue; Overcapacity and soft pricing; Operating results; Premium growth;...
- S&P Sees Greater Uncertainty for Muni Credit Quality in 2001. Carpenter-Kasprzak, Sheri // Bond Buyer;01/18/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31059, p31
Predicts trends in the public finance market in the United States for the year 2001, according to a report by Standard & Poor's. Greater uncertainty for municipal credit quality; Factors affecting the public finance sector; Credit quality in the hospital sector.
- CALIFORNIA: S&P Boosts Stanislaus COPs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32555, p9
The article reports on the upgrade of Stanislaus County, California's certificates of participation (COP) to A-plus from A, by Standard & Poor's Corp. in conjunction with a planned $42.7 million COP refunding. For Fiscal 2005 and 2006, the county's general fund posted surpluses of $23 million...
- Shreveport at Risk. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/16/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32155, p39
The article reports that Shreveport's outlook was revised to negative from stable by Standard & Poor's Corp. The change affects about $3% million of outstanding general obligation debt that has an underlying rating of A-plus. The negative outlook reflects the expectation that the city will have...
- S&P Lowers California's GO Rating. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;04/25/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31125, p1
Reports that Standard & Poor's has downgraded California's general obligation debt as of April 24, 2001. Factors that contributed to the downgrading of the state's debt; Retention of the state's rating on CreditWatch with negative implications.
- S&P raises six N.J. appropriation-backed credits. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;12/09/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30536, p27
Focuses on Standard & Poor's issuance of six more rating upgrades for New Jersey's appropriation-backed debt. Total amount of outstanding bonds; Upgrade of all ratings to the same AA-minus category.
- Nassau County, N.Y., hit with short-term downgrade from S&P. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/22/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30688, p3
Indicates that Standard & Poor's (S&P) has downgraded Nassau County, New York's short-term ratings. County's failure to address structural budget imbalances; Delays in implementing deficit reduction plans; Outstanding issues that S&P also downgraded.
- Rates Drive Issuance Forecasts For 2000. Roper, Akil Salim // Private Placement Letter;07/17/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 29, p1
Reports the possible decline of fixed-income securities in the year 2000 predicted by the Standard and Poor's Ratings Service. Information on corporate deal flows; Effects of the forecast to issuers.