Hallmark's Movie Maestro
- Hallmark out on a limb with grand 'Carol' redo. Brennan, Steve // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;11/2/2004, Vol. 386 Issue 9, p14
The article presents views of motion picture director Arthur Allan Seidelman on the production of a new $20 million TV musical version of Charles Dickens' classic "A Christmas Carol" for Hallmark Entertainment Inc. Seidelman says that to do this caliber of TV today, the film has to appeal to a...
- Aussie org seeks wider tax plan. Murdoch, Blake // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;3/11/2003, Vol. 377 Issue 37, p52
Australia's organization for lobbying and marketing of motion picture locations, AusFILM, called on the national government to include large-budget television series and telefilm packages in a tax offset program established in 2003 for motion pictures.When expenditure is as high as 50 million...
- Set Dressing. // Horse & Rider;Feb2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p24
Presents information on 'Nightwaves,' a new made-for-television movie set in Boston, Massachusetts, as of February 2003. Plot of the movie; Description of Shelby Naylor, the star of the movie.
- Locations '5 Plugs Into Incentives. Goldrich, Robert // SHOOT;4/8/2005, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p1
The article reports on the initiatives taken by the U.S. federal government and other state governments to help spur on filming in U.S. cities and states. New York State and New York City have passed anti-runaway production initiatives, offering tax breaks to feature films, television movies,...
- The WINNING Season. // Scholastic Scope;4/26/2004, Vol. 52 Issue 17, p4
Presents information about the television film "The Winning Season," directed by Honus Wagner.
- Bleu Blazes! // Junior Scholastic;2/26/2007, Vol. 109 Issue 13, p5
The article provides information on the booming career of television film star Corbin Bleu and some of his movies and television series including "High School Musical," "Jump In!," and "Flight 29 Down."
- KEEPING POSTED. // Saturday Evening Post;2/7/1953, Vol. 225 Issue 32, p120
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Frank Taylor on preserving the great redwood trees in California and another by Lowell Hawley on the Hollywood boom in making television films.
- Chilling Views on Discovery, AMC. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;10/28/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p24
Presents views of the author on made-for-television movies to be aired on cable channels Discovery Channel and American Movie Classics (AMC) in October 2002. Information about the special documentary film 'Defcon-2,' to be aired on the Discovery Channel on October 30, 2002; Critique of...
- ' GOLDEN EAGLE ' FILM AWARDS. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1969, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p61
Features the National Educational Television films that received the Committee on International Non-Theatrical Events (CINE) award, the Golden Eagle. 'To Sleep...Perchance to Dream,' a documentary on the nature of sleep; 'Flying at the Bottom of the Sea,' concerning deep sea research; 'The...