- Contractors left disappointed. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/4/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 44, p5
The article reports on the slowdown in awarding contracts in the project sector amid cost-cutting due to uncertainty in oil prices in Saudi Arabia as of November 2015.
- Cost control crucial as bumpy ride continues. Horne, Suzie // Farmers Weekly;9/2/2011, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p3
The author suggests farmers to implement cost-control given the fuel and fertilizer price fluctuations in 2012. She reminds producers to know all possible costs and to take every opportunity to reduce risk as the 2012 harvest could be an expensive crop to produce. She refers to forward buying as...
- five minute News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 12, p2
Reports developments related to the chemical industry in the U.S. as of March 2003. Implementation of the cost-cutting program of BASF AG; Decrease in crude oil and natural gas prices; Expansion plans of Dowpharma.
- Oil pressure. Conway, Peter // Airline Business;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p38
Discusses several factors to consider by airlines regarding the increasing oil prices as of October 2004. Hedging; Cost-cutting; Fuel efficiency.
- Costings must be realistic to ensure survival. Hewitt, Jill // Farmers Weekly;11/25/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 22, p78
The article emphasises the significance of cost management to farmers and contractors in the advent of escalating fuel prices. Contractors can help farmers control the costs of their operations. Contractors may have to resort to adjusting their prices. The tractor and labor costs constitute a...
- Buy now before the price goes up. Shafer, Don // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/18/2005, Vol. 34 Issue 42, p15
Offers tips on mitigating travel costs. Need to purchase airline tickets ahead of a scheduled flight; Influence of fuel costs on airline rates; Calculation of the cost of driving to and from work; Reasons for the decision of major airlines to maintain or raise airline rates.
- Much ado about nothing? Ghiselin, Dick // Offshore World;Dec2014, p28
The article presents the author's views about the oil and gas industry in 2015. The challenges created by declining prices of petroleum products are highlighted. According to the author, cost reductions and industrial efficiency are essential in overcoming the challenges of declining crude oil...
- Tightening Networks. Hoffman, William // Traffic World;4/14/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 15, p16
The article reports that shippers and logistics providers are coming to grips with the fact that the days of inexpensive diesel fuel are at an end. In addition, new measures will be needed to control costs. It reveals that diesel prices have more than doubled in the last three years of...
- Will the Oil Crisis Fuel Near-Sourcing? Terreri, April // World Trade;Sep2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p22
The article states that the continued increase of oil prices are affecting the decision of companies in the U.S. to establish manufacturing facilities overseas. According to Pete Sinisgalli, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Manhattan Associates, the rise in oil prices are prompting...