- Contractors left disappointed. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/4/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 44, p5
The article reports on the slowdown in awarding contracts in the project sector amid cost-cutting due to uncertainty in oil prices in Saudi Arabia as of November 2015.
- Cost control crucial as bumpy ride continues. Horne, Suzie // Farmers Weekly;9/2/2011, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p3
The author suggests farmers to implement cost-control given the fuel and fertilizer price fluctuations in 2012. She reminds producers to know all possible costs and to take every opportunity to reduce risk as the 2012 harvest could be an expensive crop to produce. She refers to forward buying as...
- five minute News Watch. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 12, p2
Reports developments related to the chemical industry in the U.S. as of March 2003. Implementation of the cost-cutting program of BASF AG; Decrease in crude oil and natural gas prices; Expansion plans of Dowpharma.
- Oil pressure. Conway, Peter // Airline Business;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p38
Discusses several factors to consider by airlines regarding the increasing oil prices as of October 2004. Hedging; Cost-cutting; Fuel efficiency.
- Costings must be realistic to ensure survival. Hewitt, Jill // Farmers Weekly;11/25/2005, Vol. 143 Issue 22, p78
The article emphasises the significance of cost management to farmers and contractors in the advent of escalating fuel prices. Contractors can help farmers control the costs of their operations. Contractors may have to resort to adjusting their prices. The tractor and labor costs constitute a...
- Much ado about nothing? Ghiselin, Dick // Offshore World;Dec2014, p28
The article presents the author's views about the oil and gas industry in 2015. The challenges created by declining prices of petroleum products are highlighted. According to the author, cost reductions and industrial efficiency are essential in overcoming the challenges of declining crude oil...
- Tightening Networks. Hoffman, William // Traffic World;4/14/2008, Vol. 272 Issue 15, p16
The article reports that shippers and logistics providers are coming to grips with the fact that the days of inexpensive diesel fuel are at an end. In addition, new measures will be needed to control costs. It reveals that diesel prices have more than doubled in the last three years of...
- Will the Oil Crisis Fuel Near-Sourcing? Terreri, April // World Trade;Sep2008, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p22
The article states that the continued increase of oil prices are affecting the decision of companies in the U.S. to establish manufacturing facilities overseas. According to Pete Sinisgalli, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of Manhattan Associates, the rise in oil prices are prompting...
- Petrol--cut your costs. O'Brien, Anthony // Money (Australia Edition);May2005, Issue 4, p66
Suggests tips for reducing the costs of petroleum consumption. Increase in prices of petroleum products in April 2005; Disadvantage of using discount vouchers during a peak in the price cycle; Importance of regular vehicle maintenance.