Time Warner's 'Diversity Champion'
- Staying Ahead of the Game. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/1/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 48, p16
Interviews Glenn Britt, chairman of Time Warner Cable. Challenges in marketing of new products by cable operators; Assessment of the market for high definition TV; Comments on the plans of acquiring Cablevision Systems.
- Cable's call. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Eastern Edition;11/15/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 46, Race & The Media p36
Examines the reasons behind the United States cable television industry's slowness in embracing diversity. Study released by the National Association of Minorities in Communications which concluded that cable remains dominated by white men; Minorities' perception of discrimination in company...
- For Britt, Innovation's Just Like 'Starting Over' // Multichannel News;4/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p44
Presents an interview with Time Warner Cable CEO Glenn Britt. Kinds of cable television products and services that will make a difference in 2009; Views on the prospect of competition from the Internet; Importance of operating national to the company.
- Striving to Diversify the Workplace. Hogan, Monica // Multichannel News;04/16/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the ethnic diversification of cable television companies in the United States. Increasing diversity of the pool of job applicants and cable's potential customer base; Cable operators' promotion of employees who know how to deal with their constituents; Need for cable's management...
- Symonds Says…. Symonds, Curtis // CableFAX Daily;10/4/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 192, p4
Focuses on the issue of diversity in the U.S. cable television industry. Reason behind the failure of cable operators to employ minority candidates in their companies; Organization created to promote diversity, tolerance and cultural understanding in the industry.
- Cable's Call. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Southeast Edition;11/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 46, Race and the Media p36
Reports on the study done by the National Association of Minorities in Communication on the minority representation in the cable industry. Discrimination perceived by minorities; Efforts of several cable companies to address the issue of diversity; Details on the subscription rates of African...
- Symonds Says…. Symonds, Curtis // CableFAX Daily;9/13/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 177, p4
Presents views on a call by Cable Positive President Steve Villano with regards to the issue of diversity in the cable industry in the U.S. Information on the failure of most companies to hire minority candidates for an open position in their company; Reasons cited by Villano why cable...
- Minorities seek broader cable ownership plans. McManigal // Multichannel News;12/06/99, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p124
Reports on the National Cable Television Association's launch of an Internet job bank called Cable Careers Network in September 1999. Minorities' desire to have broader cable ownership plans in the United States; Factors need to best achieve diversity in the cable television industry.
- Diversity. // CableFAX Daily;10/3/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 191, p1
Reports on the first diversity luncheon held by the National Association of Minorities in Cable. Highlights of the event.