- A Look Back at Steps to Move Forward. // Fire Chief;Jun2008, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p20
The article reports on the release of the phase II report by the Post-Incident Assessment and Review Team regarding the Sofa Super Store fire that took the lives of nine fire fighters in Charleston, South Carolina. It is stated that the release clearly weighed on the minds of all the members,...
- Charleston's Lessons. Wilmoth, Janet // Fire Chief;Jul2008, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p96
An interview with J. Gordon Routley, head of a task force of fire experts hired by the city of Charleston, South Carolina to determine what went wrong in the June 18, 2007 fire that killed nine firefighters, is presented. They will work with the department on a five-to-10 year strategic plan to...
- Coming Soon: Volunteer and Combination Fire Department Studies. DALLESSANDRO, MICHAEL P. // Fire Engineering;Mar2014, Vol. 167 Issue 3, p14
The article provides some general information about fire department studies that may alleviate some anxiety that a fire department chief may have about an upcoming fire study. Topics discussed include the four types of fire department studies that local officials could use to evaluate a fire...
- Fire Chief - Visalia, California. // Fire Chief Expert Blog;8/ 1/2012, p1
The article announces that Visalia Fire Department in California is in search for a Fire Chief.
- Fire Chief - Beaver Lake Volunteer Fire Department (Ark.). // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/19/2012, p2
The article announces that the Beaver Lake Volunteer Fire Department in Arkansas is accepting applications for the position of full-time Fire Chief as of October 2012.
- THE DEPARTMENT OFFICER AS CHANGE AGENT. Buckman, John M. // Fire Engineering;Apr2002, Vol. 155 Issue 4, p10
Provides tips on change implementation dealings of fire department leaders. Reduction of authority; Disruption of established work patterns; Elimination of some securities.
- Fire Service Accreditation, 1710, and Standards of Response. Bruegman, Randy R. // Public Management (00333611);Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 84 Issue 1, p4
Comments on the history of the fire service. System of evaluation needed for fire services; Description of the self-assessment process formed by the International Association of Fire Chiefs; Function of the Commission on Fire Accreditation International; Alternative ways to judge the deployment...
- Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association Executive Director. Brace, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;2014 Supplement Conference Program & Directory, p6
The article offers information on the 2015 Minnesota Fire Chiefs Association conference held in Duluth, Minnesota.
- ST. CLOUD FIRE DEPARTMENT WELCOMES YOU TO THE 2014 MSFCA CONFERENCE. Mund, Bill // Minnesota Fire Chief;2014 Supplement Conference Program & Directory, p7
The author welcomes vendors and participants to the Minnesota Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) Fall Conference held in St. Cloud, Minnesota.