Shapiro: ESPN's Pivitol Development Player
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- Monday-night fights pump up cable nets. Cooper, Jim // MediaWeek;10/12/98, Vol. 8 Issue 38, p12
Discloses that cable television programs from USA Network and Turner Network Television are providing American Broadcasting Co.'s `Monday Night Football' stiff competition during the Monday night schedule. Male viewers' preference for professional wrestling coverage; Ratings performance of...
- ESPN's 'MNF' Sets Viewer Record. Lafayette, Jon // Television Week;1/1/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p3
The article reports that the first season of Monday Night Football by ESPN was ranked as the most-watched series in cable television history. The 17-game season averaged 9.1 million households and 12.3 million total viewers and represented the 17th-largest household audience for cable TV in...
- Love of Sports Leads to ESPN. Hibberd, James // Television Week;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p16
Profiles Mark Shapiro, executive vice president of programming and production at ESPN cable television network. Educational background of Shapiro; Challenge faced by Shapiro in television programming; Sports series produced by Shapiro; Reason for the production of the scripted series "Playmakers."
- ESPN takes a swing at Spanish telecasts. Lafayette, Jon // Electronic Media;07/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 30, p10
Reports on the ESPN broadcast of a series of Spanish-language baseball simulcasts on cable. Signing of advertisers interested in reaching the growing Hispanic market to sponsor the cablecasts; Spanish-language simulcast of all of ESPN Sunday night baseball telecasts; Comments of Ed Erhardt,...
- Sending Execs to 'Camp' // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p40
Looks at the Training Camp organized by ESPN for local cable sales representative. Objective of the training camp; Challenges encountered by cable sales representative; Components of the training camp.
- Program Deals:. // CableFAX Daily;5/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 103, p2
Presents updates on cable television programming deals in the U.S. Contract of the Big 10 with ESPN to set up a sports network with DirecTV; Agreement of World Championship Sports Network for the coverage of the 2006 FISA Rowing World Cup.
- ESPN, HBO lead Sports Emmys. // Variety;4/29/96, Vol. 362 Issue 13, p40
Reports on Cable TV's dominance of the Sports Emmy Awards in 1996. Number of awards won by ESPN and HBO; Who won among the networks; What the awards won by ESPN and HBO were for.
- High-Powered Offense:. // CableFAX Daily;9/21/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 183, p2
The article reports on the rating of the television program "Monday Night Football" on ESPN. The telecast gained a rating of 10.6 which ranked 2nd in the net history and cable history. Eventhough there were variations in the scores in the game performance of football teams, ESPN averaged 8.99...