- Tom's Trumpet. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p58
The article discusses issues related to the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). There is a need for the MSFCA to come together with a common direction and then branch out in many different paths to accomplish its goals. The MSFCA is committee driven. Sometimes the different...
- MSFCA Meets in Red Wing. Juntunen, Jeff // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p4
Presents an update on the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association as of July 1, 2004. Emphasis of the association's partnership with MARAC; Action taken by Ann Warling, editor of "Minnesota Fire Chief" magazine, to boost fund raising efforts; Update on the legislative efforts of MSFCA.
- Minnesota Fire Officer of the Year. Farmer, Tim // Minnesota Fire Chief;May/Jun2006, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p49
Focuses on the new awards program approved by the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) Board of Directors. Persons qualified for the program; Factors considered in establishing the program; Selection criteria for the Fire Officer of the Year award.
- IAFC Unveils Online Legislative Alert. // Fire Chief;May2004, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p16
Reports that the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) added a feature to its web site to help fire officials improve communications with legislator and federal regulators in the United States. Information contained in the web site about the most important and regulatory issues...
- A Lighthouse That Gives Directions Rather Than A Destination. Granholm, Aliina // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p52
The article discusses the vision, mission and values statement for the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA). When thinking about a vision statement, the MSFCA focused on where the organization is headed in the future. The goal of the vision was to have it resonate with each member and...
- New Officers from Minnesota Appointed at FRI Atlanta. Mund, Bill // Minnesota Fire Chief;Nov/Dec2007, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p17
The article provides updates on the Great Lakes Division (GLD) of the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC). The meeting of the GLD Board of Directors is set to take place in August 2008 and will be held in conjunction with the IAFC Fire/Rescue International Conference in Atlanta,...
- Tom's Trumpet. Brace, Tom // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p34
The article talks about the support for the Minnesota State Fire Chiefs Association (MSFCA) to continue the work of the Association. According to the author, membership in the MSFCA will enable one to do the type of job he or she wants to do for the department and the community a person is...
- IAFC Fire Rescue International. Schabbel, Timm // Minnesota Fire Chief;Jul/Aug2004, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p38
Presents an update on the International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC) as of July 1, 2004. Goal of the State Presidents' Roundtable discussion at the 2004 Great Lakes Forum in Merrillville, Indiana on April 1-2, 2004; Update on the plan to create a Legislative Contact Network; Information on...
- GLD Forum 2005. // Minnesota Fire Chief;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p55
Focuses on the Forum 2005 of the Great Lakes Division of the International Association of Fire Chiefs. Venue and date set for the 2005 forum; Topics to be discussed by the Packers' football team and the National Football League; Conference hotel.