Leading a Merger of Equals
- Wells Fargo debuts business card. // Inside Tucson Business;03/30/98, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p26
Reports on Wells Fargo's Business Express Deposit Card, allowing businesses to make deposits through the bank's automated teller network.
- Wells Fargo exits origination business. // Mortgage Banking;Apr95, Vol. 55 Issue 7, p7
Reports on San Francisco, Calif.-based Wells Fargo Bank's formation of an alliance with a national company to provide first mortgages for its customers. Estimated jobs that will be eliminated resulting from the alliance.
- Wells-Fargo Leads Gaming Deal. Segar, Joseph // Bank Loan Report;5/14/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 19, p2
Reveals that Wells-Fargo is the sole arranger and full underwriter of a loan to riverboat casino operator Argosy Gaming Co. in May 2001.
- Affordable Housing Gets Boost From Wells Fargo. // San Diego Business Journal;02/04/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p22
Reports the provision of funds by Wells Fargo Housing Foundation on affordable housing in San Diego, California.
- CORRECTION. // San Diego Business Journal;7/26/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 30, p13
A correction to an article about the closure of Wells Fargo Financial Corp.'s eight stores or offices in San Diego County, California that was published in the July 19, 2010 issue is presented.
- Wells said to consider sale of servicing portfolio. La Monica, Paul R. // American Banker;1/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 18, p17
States that Wells Fargo Bank is considering selling its servicing portfolio. Indication that the refinancing boom could be a problem for Wells; Value of the company's servicing portfolio; Information on the joint venture which Wells formed with Northwest Mortgage.
- Wells Fargo Home Mortgage launches Salt Lake operations center, employs 26. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/31/2003, Vol. 32 Issue 40, p17
Announces the launch of an operations center of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage in Salt Lake City, Utah. Purpose of opening an office in the city; Background of the company.
- Wells Fargo will play the gaming game. Collier, Lynn // Las Vegas Business Press;2/5/96, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p3
Reports that California-based Wells Fargo & co. will be making gaming loans in Nevada. Wells Fargo's expected takeover of First Interstate Bank of Nevada; Plans of Wells Fargo to compete with Bank of America for the casino loans and lines of credit.
- Wells Fargo opens the computer `Business Gateway'. // Las Vegas Business Press;08/26/96, Vol. 13 Issue 48, p14
Reports that Wells Fargo Bank has introduced `Business Gateway,' a new Windows-based banking software program designed for small-business owners.